No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don't Tell Me Daniel Dubois is a Quitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Don't Tell Me Daniel Dubois is a Quitter

Boxing is a sport of character. At its most fundamental, it's fight or flight. Through history, we measure a man's will. We call him a warrior if he gives us his all and a coward or a quitter if we get anything less when the going gets tough.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well he quit, so logic would dictate that he's a quitter.

I don't blame him though, losing an eye is no joke, and hopefully he can come again.

Comment

Daniel Dubois is a quitter.

Comment

Neither of them are that good anyways... Very very slow. It was an awful fight.

Comment

Why are people getting offended for calling a spade a spade? It’s not a criticism of him. He had genuine reasons for quitting but he literally DID quit.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            Well he quit, so logic would dictate that he's a quitter.

I don't blame him though, losing an eye is no joke, and hopefully he can come again.
            Yes, just the same as Brook with Spence and what was about to happen against Golovkin if Ingle hadn't thrown in the towel.
            The later is relevant as Dubois corner must also take some blame for leaving him out there to take a knee.

Comment

DDD quit, the reasons behind the quit are what defines you.

Brook quit against Spence, Joshua quit against Ruiz........... doesn't mean I don't understand why they did or respect them any less.

They are fighters, and not everyone is built to fight until the death when under that pressure.

DDD is a young pup to me, over a decade younger......... his future is not defined by this, he can learn and use this to enforce his psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                Yes, just the same as Brook with Spence and what was about to happen against Golovkin if Ingle hadn't thrown in the towel.
                The later is relevant as Dubois corner must also take some blame for leaving him out there to take a knee.
                I thought they should have pulled him out before the tenth......... he was clearly on the road to getting stopped and had a horrific injury to that eye and was blind in that side.

Even when uninjured and sharp Joyce walked through his punches, so he didn't even have a hail-mary in him.

Towel should have came in from the trainer after watching the fight back- sober
                Last edited by Vinnykin; 11-30-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  DDD quit, the reasons behind the quit are what defines you.

Brook quit against Spence, Joshua quit against Ruiz........... doesn't mean I don't understand why they did or respect them any less.

They are fighters, and not everyone is built to fight until the death when under that pressure.

DDD is a young pup to me, over a decade younger......... his future is not defined by this, he can learn and use this to enforce his psyche.
                  Only reason you are saying AJ quit is to disrespect him, could easily argue he was trying buy time to recover, he wouldn't be the only fighter to use that exact tactic.

Comment

Brilliant article. I think professional fighters have it embedded in their minds that one quit is the end, that's their strategy for never quitting in their own fight, but Duran quit and then went on to show as much heart as any fighter, I hope Dubois comes back, has an even tougher fight, and doesn't quit.

When a fighter quits, he pays the price without the unnecessary response, from both the keyboard warriors who have never fought, and professional fighters. McLellan and Colon have been left permanently damaged, sacrificed their own quality of life, they still got accused of quitting.

Comment

Working...
                    X