No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Tyson-Jones Exhibition in Perspective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Tyson-Jones Exhibition in Perspective

By Thomas Hauser - There was a time when people who understood boxing talked about Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones as a real fight. In 1996, I had a long sitdown with Roy. Tyson had been released from prison a year earlier and had reclaimed the WBC and WBA titles by knocking out Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon. Jones was undefeated and gaining recognition as...
    [Click Here To Read More]

People who foolishly bought this disregarded the ''exhibition'' part

Hoped for bloodshed and carnage

More action in a woman's fight

Comment

It was boring but Tyson clearly won the score by Mauricio’s lapdog Vinny Paz 80-76 to Jones was bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbox View Post
        It was boring but Tyson clearly won the score by Mauricio’s lapdog Vinny Paz 80-76 to Jones was bizarre
        Accuses Fury of being on HGH. Score the fight 8-0 Jones. Vinny Paz has a problem with anyone named "Tyson" lol

Comment

People who bought this ppv are idiots and people who continue to b***h and complain that Mike Tyson won, Mike Tyson won are equally idiots.

It was an exhibition and in exhibitions there are no winners or losers because neither man is trying to actually hurt, ko, or beat his "opponent". This just shows how today's fans are morons who are easily duped and manipulated by the press, promoters, social media, and their favorite fighters.

Comment

Look at Hauser whining about the inclusion of hip hop and theatrics, its an exhibition to market an app, celebrity, and music, what’s the problem?

Purists are angry when the sport is used to market other pop culture happenings. Many of the active fighters in boxing are American black, and some come from humble beginnings where hip hop and street elements are intertwined. Are these fighters supposed to ignore those influences?

Shoot Tyson close friend “Hommo” shot 50 Cent 9 times, and subsequently died. Tyson has deep ties to the streets of NY, he’s a Brownsville dude. I feel like folks like Tom Hauser want to separate the sport from the lifestyles and tastes outside the ring but that’s a dead end. It is ok to have pop culture or Hip Hop blend with boxing.

What is truly a sad state of boxing is that we are still a individual based sport, relying on persons of fame to uphold the sanctity of boxing by “fighting the right way, taking the right matches, doing it for legacy”. That’s not human nature, humans move advantageously, so if you want the sanctity of a sport to be upheld, create an association/league/cba, consolidate the belts and sanctioning bodies, so fighters can agree to collective bargaining which would help fights get done

if the NBA didn’t have a CBA, do we really think NBA owners out of good nature would agree on how to match up their teams city to city, arena to arena? No, it takes a collective to sit down and work it out together as a business union

**** You if you don’t understand that or the marriage between hip hop and some boxers

STOP WHINING, OUR PRESIDENT IS A CELEBRITY, NOW YOU WANNA COMPLAIN ABOUT POP CULTURE
            Last edited by miked85; 11-30-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
              People who foolishly bought this disregarded the ''exhibition'' part

Hoped for bloodshed and carnage

More action in a woman's fight
              Especially after the rules stated that neither fighter is allowed to go for a knockout. I usually pay for fights because I love supporting the sport, but this was one of those events that I’d rather wait on to watch the replay for free.

Comment

Vinnie Paz scored while on crack

Comment

There was no robbery or bad scoring.

The fight outcome was pre-determined. The WBC had two belts all ready to go at the end. The verdict was deliberately left to the discussion at the end instead of a big announcement

I just hope the fight itself wasn’t staged. If they clean this format up, they might have a good thing going here. Legends vs legends, not necessarily just boxing. The lack of innovation and genuine care for the fans in the mainstream sport caused this to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Scant View Post
                    Accuses Fury of being on HGH. Score the fight 8-0 Jones. Vinny Paz has a problem with anyone named "Tyson" lol
                    I mean, Fury was suspended for PEDs lol.

I think Paz just scored for Roy out of some form of “respect” or flat out trolling. On some “He beat me. No way I’m scoring for the other guy.” S hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X