Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: I'll Be Better in Next Exhibition - I Will Do It Again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: I'll Be Better in Next Exhibition - I Will Do It Again!

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is planning to take part in more exhibitions after entering the ring on Saturday night. At Staples Center in Los Angeles, the 54-year-old Tyson fought former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. to an eight round draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mike carried Roy and the bout was already a draw before it started.Wheres all the people who tried to convince me Roy was getting killed when Mike would inevitably lose hes rag and go mad on him.A controlled exhibition, no knockout and no real scorecards.Exhibition.

Comment

Mike had fully come to terms with his past demons and is a better man for it. I’m glad to see him genuinely happy and having become the person he wanted to be.

Comment

What Tyson Fury did for 1-2 years, Mike Tyson did for 15 years. Mike Tyson is still in the process of overhauling all of that damage, so there is a possibility that he could be better in his next exhibition etc I was concerned for Mike Tyson last night, and surprised at his performance.

I had Roy Jones Junior as the favorite going into this fight, more active fighter and he has not abused his body for the past 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
          Mike carried Roy and the bout was already a draw before it started.Wheres all the people who tried to convince me Roy was getting killed when Mike would inevitably lose hes rag and go mad on him.A controlled exhibition, no knockout and no real scorecards.Exhibition.
          Tyson went for it, he tried and missed with his signature uppercut if that landed it would have taken Roy’s head off.

Roy’s tactic in round 1 after 15 seconds when he felt Tysons power was to hold.

As they are only 2 min rounds if Roy holds for 30-40 seconds then moves about for 30-40 seconds Tyson cannot get the KO.

The referee should have stopped the holding.

Comment

Holyfield next time, they will make a fortune.

I don’t think it should be allowed, I don’t like seeing old fighters getting hit.

Comment

Tyson v Wlad!!!!

Comment

Honestly... I thought this was a joke all the way through. I didn't stay up to watch it, caught it this morning on YouTube. My thoughts now are, Mike Tyson is a great man, a great fighter, and I can get on board with this ish, considering it is done for a good cause. Even now, when Tyson is an old man, he still has that something special. Just watched the interview with Jim Gray with Roy and Mike, as long as nobody getting seriously hurt this stuff could become a regular thing. There are many past greats I'd like to see get in there with Mike... Lennox Lewis II, Evander Holyfield III, Riddick Bowe, Vitali Klitschko. Why not? As long as these fighters aren't trying to take each other's heads off... Mike did have a little speed, just didn't do him much good against a fighter as slick as Roy. Would be interesting seeing Mike's speed against some of the bigger, slower Heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Honestly... I thought this was a joke all the way through. I didn't stay up to watch it, caught it this morning on YouTube. My thoughts now are, Mike Tyson is a great man, a great fighter, and I can get on board with this ish, considering it is done for a good cause. Even now, when Tyson is an old man, he still has that something special. Just watched the interview with Jim Gray with Roy and Mike, as long as nobody getting seriously hurt this stuff could become a regular thing. There are many past greats I'd like to see get in there with Mike... Lennox Lewis II, Evander Holyfield III, Riddick Bowe, Vitali Klitschko. Why not? As long as these fighters aren't trying to take each other's heads off... Mike did have a little speed, just didn't do him much good against a fighter as slick as Roy. Would be interesting seeing Mike's speed against some of the bigger, slower Heavyweights.
                  Mike Tyson is damaged 'What Tyson Fury did for 1-2 years, Mike Tyson did for 15 years' as you know? It took time for Tyson Fury to overhaul all of the damage from abusing his body 'I still don't think Tyson Fury is the same fighter he was before his disappearance from the game'.

Mike Tyson is still in that process of overhauling the damage 'Roy Jones Junior is probably the healthier man'.

I had Roy Jones Junior as the favorite going into this fight 'His training looked to be more impressive, plus he has not abused his body for 15 years'.
                  Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 11-29-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Mike Tyson is damaged 'What Tyson Fury did for 1-2 years, Mike Tyson did for 15 years' as you know? It took time for Tyson Fury to overhaul all of the damage from abuse to his body 'I still don't think Tyson Fury is the same fighter he was before his disappearance from the game'.

Mike Tyson is still in that process of overhauling the damage, Jones is probably the healthier man.
                    That is true, but Mike has gone a long way on his journey in recent years. He lives in reality now, is a different man. This boxing is getting him in shape, entertaining the fans, making money whether it's for him or for charity. As long as he isn't taking real punishment, I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X