Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Vows To Go After Sergey Kovalev With Everything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Vows To Go After Sergey Kovalev With Everything

The fight Sullivan Barrera has been chasing for several years, is being targeted to take place on January 30. Although the date has not been confirmed, DAZN is making moves to finally stage the postponed clash between the tough Cuban and former light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t care who wins this fight

Both are has been’s and need to move forward with their life; go take up bad mitten but neither of you are attractive fighters any longer, and I’m just saying what your family has been dying to say.

Comment

While neither is really relevant anymore, I will still watch and enjoy seeing which is less shopworn than the other. Barrera looked real bad in his fight against Jesse Hart and Kovalev's stamina and punch resistance are fading fast.

Sometimes these fights can be entertaining affairs, like two leaky battleships tossing bombs at each other.

Comment

I guess the Canelo payday was not enough to see Kovalev go off into the sunset!
        what a shame.

Anybody how loses to Jessie Hart should not be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          While neither is really relevant anymore, I will still watch and enjoy seeing which is less shopworn than the other. Barrera looked real bad in his fight against Jesse Hart and Kovalev's stamina and punch resistance are fading fast.

Sometimes these fights can be entertaining affairs, like two leaky battleships tossing bombs at each other.
          I think it’s a good matchup given where they are in their careers

Comment

Good to see the veterans on display.
            Loser should retire.

Comment

after throwing the fight vs alvarez i thought kovalev was already retired

Comment

Whatever the level they're at now it's still a KO win for the Krusher, who at the very least remains a murderous puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                  Both are has been’s and need to move forward with their life; go take up bad mitten but neither of you are attractive fighters any longer, and I’m just saying what your family has been dying to say.
                  That may be true in Barrera's case but we don't know how much money Kovalev has and he still has to pay out due to the court settlements. I'm sure his family doesn't want to go into hawk before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Yep. I definitely will be watching. Forget about Kovalev's personal life. He got totally screwed over against Ward and was never the same after. At the same time, it's not all Ward's fault. He had the judges and the refs in both fights in his pocket but Kovalev was also feuding with his trainer and drinking during training. His downfall was inevitable but it was expedited by the Ward affair.

Comment

Working...
                    X