Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Wilder, Spence, and Other PBC Fighters: I Built Them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Wilder, Spence, and Other PBC Fighters: I Built Them

Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya believes he deserves a lot of credit for building Canelo Alvarez, his recently departed signee, into the box office star he is today. To the extent that De La Hoya has been the promoter for Alvarez in every major fight of his career, that claim is difficult to dispute.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No lies told.

When it comes to developing young boxers, Oscar is the best in the business.

Comment

Richard Schafer & Al Haymon were running Golden Boy while DeLa Hoya was doing God knows what....

Comment

Oscar nailed it.... PBC="Protected-Boys-Club" Haymon's business model is about recycling losing dollars with shet fights.... Spence vs Garcia is another perfect example.... estimated upcoming PPV views will be about 175K...

Comment

Shaefer used Oscars name to build GBP. Oscar was one of the biggest crossover stars in the world at the time and lots of people wanted to be associated with himself. Look at what Shaefer has done without Oscars name. Barely a blip on the radar.
          Floyd had IRS issues and couldn’t put up the capital to properly promote himself after leaving Top Rank. Haymon used GBP to build up his stable.
          He built Canelo into the biggest draw in the sport.
          Like him or not he’s had as much influence as anyone in the game the last 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            No lies told.

When it comes to developing young boxers, Oscar is the best in the business.
            Yeah I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Jenkins View Post
              Richard Schafer & Al Haymon were running Golden Boy while DeLa Hoya was doing God knows what....
              And where is Dick Schaefer now?
              He's languishing in obscurity.

"He built GBP from the ground up" doe.
              Kills me.

Comment

Sounds legit.
                Although Schaefer did have a big part in building the young GPB fighters.
                He couldn't have done it without Oscar's name.

Guess it's Karma for the snake move Schaefer pulled on DelaHoya that Ringstar hasn't really done shet in boxing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Jenkins View Post
                  No give him credit de la Hoya employed them he is right he has built all those fighters on pbc.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    And where is Dick Schaefer now?
                    He's languishing in obscurity.

"He built GBP from the ground up" doe.
                    Kills me.
                    On the robert Garcia youtube channel a few months back robert said Schaefer's company is no more and is starting to release fighters including some that he trains

Comment

Working...
                    X