Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith vs. Maxim Vlasov Ordered For Vacant WBO Light Heavyweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith vs. Maxim Vlasov Ordered For Vacant WBO Light Heavyweight Title

Light heavyweight contenders Joe Smith Jr. and Maxim Vlasov on Tuesday were ordered to meet for the vacant WBO world title. The WBO sent a letter to Star Boxing promoter Joe DeGuardia, Smith's co-promoter, and Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, Vlasov's promoter, ordering the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Could delete my thread so not to take up space

Comment

Awesome! GO JOE! Have wanted to see him win a world title for a long time.

Comment

I hope Joe finally wins the big match and takes home a title

Comment

Dunno who I’d pick in this one. Smith by late KO maybe but I could see Vlasov outboxing him.

Comment

It's strap season for Joe Smith Jr.

Comment

IMO... even though Vlasov is fairly sturdy... I just don't think he'll be able to stand up to Joe's relentless pressure and power. Vlasov has show some resolved getting thru tough fights, but Joe is another level. Definitely looking forward to this fight and for Joe to finally wear the belt at conclusion.

Comment

I like Vlasov, he's a quality boxer and very game. He was fortunate that he's advancing to the final because he can't get his opponent in the ring for one reason or the other. Meanwhile, JSJ had to go through Alvarez.

Vlasov can box but I'm not sure he has the firepower to keep Smith off him and Smith has looked much more balanced his last few fights. I say Smith by decision in which he beats up Vlasov pretty good.

Comment

i want Smith to win but Vlasov probobly outboxes him to a decision.

Comment

So if a fighter doesn't have ties with Arum and TR he doesn't get a shot at the WBO title? How the WBO ignores it's own protocol is funny and frustrating. Let's see what they decide to create next.

Comment

Working...
                    X