Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terri Harper Beats Up, Stops Katharina Thanderz in Ninth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terri Harper Beats Up, Stops Katharina Thanderz in Ninth

Terri Harper produced a near punch perfect performance to retain her WBC super-featherweight title as she stopped Katharina Thanderz in the ninth round at Wembley. After scraping a draw in her first defence of the title against Natasha Jonas in August, this was an all-together more impressive display by Harper. She kept at range, used her jab well and was in and out with sharp hooks, completely dominating the Spain-based Norwegian.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Terri was super impressive tonight, and dominated throughout ��

Comment

I haven't seen anyone mention this from anybody so perhaps i'm seeing something that isn't there. However I didn't see the fight in the write up at all. Harper definitely took the early rounds and impressively so but Thanderz made some really nice adjustments to almost entirely nullify Harper's straights down the middle. When she wasn't slipping the shot, she was just stopping the combo in it's track with a stiff jab down the pipe. I thought Harper looked more uncomfortable as the fight went on and retreated to the point she was throwing low volume and just dancing from left to right.

The headbutt seemed to completely disarm Thanderz and considering Harper had a broken hand, she finished really well.

Still, I didn't see this one sided domination that the article portrays. Though perhaps i'm biased because I also saw her losing to Jonas by 2 rounds, 1 if i'm being really kind.

Comment

Working...
      X