Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denzel Bentley Stops Mark Heffron in Four, Tommy Fury Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denzel Bentley Stops Mark Heffron in Four, Tommy Fury Wins

The British Boxing Board of Control confirmed that the anticipated rematch between Mark Heffron and Denzel Bentley has been sanctioned for the now vacant British Middleweight title.

Previously announced as a final eliminator, the bout was upgraded once Liam Williams chose to vacate his title. Williams will now focus his attention on his position as the mandatory challenger for the WBO title held by Demetrius Andrade.

Heffron (25-1-1, 19KO’s) and Bentley (13-0-1, 11KO’s) last met on the 12th September, with the fight ending in a controversial unanimous draw. Both fighters believed they’d done enough to win the fight, and will now get a chance to settle the debate with the richest prize in domestic boxing on the line.

On fighting for the British title, Mark Heffron said: “My daughter Poppy wants that title belt for Christmas and I never let her down.”

Denzel Bentley was equally confident, saying: “Being British and fighting for the British title is an honour. I want to conquer home first, then I'll go on to conquer the world.”

Heffron vs Bentley 2 headlines another huge night of BT Sport Boxing for Queensberry Promotions on Friday November 13th.

Chief support to the huge domestic battle will be provided by Tommy Fury (3-0, 2KO’s), who will be returning the ring for the first time since last December. Tyson’s younger brother will undoubtedly be looking for another spectacular first round knockout.

I put money on all the underdogs.

Broadbent, who dedicates this fight to his recently deceased father, is holding his own after 1. Lost the round though.

Comment

Burke is money when he goes to the body. Second round stoppage.

Comment

Turner vs Newton 5th round it looks like. Sounding like Turners all over this one, Newton the journeyman brought in to give a bit of resistance without really being much of a threat.

Comment

Maybe worth noting that Des Newton was KO1d in his last two fights against Paddy Donovan and Noakes. Perhaps might have expected a little more out of Turner here. Landing plenty but never really showing any hunger for the finish.

Comment

Agyarko vs Chapman - The Camden Caretaker, who we've seen a coupla times already in the last few months. tough kid, but well on his way to becoming a career journeyman.

Comment

Be interested to see how Agyarko does here, clearly Chapman's the guy brought to lose, but can Caoimhin manage the stoppage here?
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-13-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

What times the main starting? 10?

Looking forward to this tonight, good 50-50 fight. I favour Bentley though.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  What times the main starting? 10?

Looking forward to this tonight, good 50-50 fight. I favour Bentley though.
                  I think Fury’s brother is up next trying to keep that first round KO streak alive and then the main.

Comment

That entrance music really wasn’t befitting for someone named the “Baltic Bomber”.

Comment

Working...
                    X