Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amilcar Vidal-Edward Ortiz PBC on FS1 Weigh-In Report From Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amilcar Vidal-Edward Ortiz PBC on FS1 Weigh-In Report From Los Angeles

Amilcar Vidal remains on the hunt for more undefeated records to conquer. The Sampson Lewkowicz-promoted middleweight from Uruguay puts his perfect record in the line as he faces San Antonio's Edward Jermaine Ortiz (11-0-2, 4KOs). The two collide this Saturday, live on FS1 from Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t recall the last time I saw a decent Uruguayan boxer of note, hope he does well

Comment

Sampson may have found another hidden gem in Amilcar Vidal it seems, Kid can PUNCH

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        I don’t recall the last time I saw a decent Uruguayan boxer of note, hope he does well
        The last one was Noe Gonzalez Alcoba but he always lost when he stepped up in competition (Adonis Stevenson, George Groves, Felix Sturm) he got knocked out by Rocky Fielding and fell off after that hopefully this guy doesn't end up the same I believe Gonzalez was promoted by Sampson also.

From my understanding the only countries in South America that haven't had a world champion in boxing are Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia, Suriname (they have plenty of kickboxing champions) and French Guiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          The last one was Noe Gonzalez Alcoba but he always lost when he stepped up in competition (Adonis Stevenson, George Groves, Felix Sturm) he got knocked out by Rocky Fielding and fell off after that hopefully this guy doesn't end up the same I believe Gonzalez was promoted by Sampson also.

From my understanding the only countries in South America that haven't had a world champion in boxing are Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia, Suriname (they have plenty of kickboxing champions) and French Guiana.
          Excellent post, now this is the sort of dedication to boxing that true boxing fans can display. This is the example of a post that sets a real boxing fan apart from the fans of other sports....a knowledge of the sports’ history. Very good read and very informative

Comment

I’ll be rooting for both my boys from San Antonio Arredondo and Ortiz!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Excellent post, now this is the sort of dedication to boxing that true boxing fans can display. This is the example of a post that sets a real boxing fan apart from the fans of other sports....a knowledge of the sports’ history. Very good read and very informative
              Thanks man that's what I like about boxing it's a solo sport and it gives a chance for countries that don't have many team sports to still standout not always of course but whether it's amateur or professional a lot of countries have produced champions or medalists just wish some of the better amateurs would turn professional especially in Europe and Cuba but that's how it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X