No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor-Gutierrez DAZN Weigh-In Report From SSE Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor-Gutierrez DAZN Weigh-In Report From SSE Wembley

One of the sport's leading attractions will enter her second straight fight behind closed doors. Irish superstar Katie Taylor (16-0, 6KOs) attempts the ninth defense of at least one lightweight title, as she faces mandatory challenger Miriam Gutierrez. Their bout tops a one-of-a-kind show featuring three women's title fights, taking place Saturday evening at Wembley's SSE Arena in London, England.

Taylor-a two-time Olympian and 2012 Olympic Gold medalist who made her pro debut in this very venue in 2016-hit the scale at a combat ready 134.5 pounds for the bout, which also serves as her second lineal and undisputed lightweight championship defense. Madrid's Gutierrez (13-0, 5KOs) checked in at 134.4 pounds for her first career title fight.

The event comes less than three months after Bray, Ireland's Taylor again turned away a stiff challenge from Belgium's Delfine Persoon. Their fiercely contested war saw the two-division and reigning lightweight queen earn a 10-round decision in a repeat win on August 22 in Brentwood, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This card is a ****ing joke. Eddie Hearn and his ****e cheap womens boxing and mismatches can **** off to DAZN and not come back.

Matchroom cards are the WORST

Comment

Originally posted by Grange_27 View Post
      This card is a ****ing joke. Eddie Hearn and his ****e cheap womens boxing and mismatches can **** off to DAZN and not come back.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it, I won't be. I don't know how anybody could give Matchroom abuse for giving women's boxing an increased presence and platform. At least they're trying. Not every fight is gonna be high quality or even mid quality, nor will every women's fight be as good as Harper v. Jonas or Taylor/Persoon II.

I think you're just pissed off that Ebanie Bridges isn't fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
        Nobody is forcing you to watch it, I won't be. I don't know how anybody could give Matchroom abuse for giving women's boxing an increased presence and platform. At least they're trying. Not every fight is gonna be high quality or even mid quality, nor will every women's fight be as good as Harper v. Jonas or Taylor/Persoon II.

Matchroom are not giving womens boxing a platform because its good (its obviously not)

They are giving it a platform because its cheap. 3 of them on this card. One at the bottom of the card fine but 3 dull low quality fights. No chance

SKY are meant to be the leading boxing channel in the UK and put up Saturday night cards that would embarress ch5 at 3am on a Wednesday. An utter joke

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
          No im fine with that already bought her used socks on ebay for £100. 🤢

Comment

If it's literally free you can't complain, the channel 5 stuff, the MTK stuff .. free boxing.

If it's free watch it or don't watch it.

Comment

Matchroom are not giving womens boxing a platform because its good (its obviously not)

They are giving it a platform because its cheap. 3 of them on this card. One at the bottom of the card fine but 3 dull low quality fights. No chance

SKY are meant to be the leading boxing channel in the UK and put up Saturday night cards that would embarress ch5 at 3am on a Wednesday. An utter joke
              Spot on mate...

Sky are money grabbing scumbags. Women’s boxing is a cheap alternative that Matchroom can fool the delusional casuals into believing is “world class” boxing because a couple of meaningless belts are at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                If it's literally free you can't complain, the channel 5 stuff, the MTK stuff .. free boxing.

If it's free watch it or don't watch it.
                This Matchroom card isn’t free...

A sky sports subscription is £30 a month minimum.

Comment

3-4 years ago we were rarely ever seeing female fights on undercards. It's a step in the right direction. Of course Fast Eddie is gonna want to make the money work for Matchroom. I don't think his female fighters are complaining though as a few have picked up belts with him and probably been paid decent all things considered.

I do agree that if you're having a card highlighting women's boxing then you need a couple more better quality fights to go with the current ones.

Comment

No im fine with that already bought her used socks on ebay for £100. 🤢
                    Bargain if you ask me! :-|

Comment

Working...
                    X