Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo is a Free Agent. So Now What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo is a Free Agent. So Now What?

By Dan Rafael - Superstar Canelo Alvarez, regarded by many as boxing's No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter, has won belts in four divisions from junior middleweight to light heavyweight, and says he is willing to fight in three of those divisions: middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight. In fact, his last three fights have taken place each of them: a third-round kno...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo is a greedy fool. A talented one for sure, but he just shot himself in the foot for the sake of his ego.

We all know he would have cruised to a decision over GGG, dispatched with certainty almost any opponent Dazn put in front of him.

Now he wants to take on the added responsibility of promoter, negotiator, manager, without the family and people Floyd had around him when he broke free.

He's made a stupid decision IMO, but something tells me he'll walk in Floyd's shadow, continuing to pick opponents on the slide, but who still have enough draw to make the PPV numbers.

What a greedy bugger. He would have been happier being a Don in one of the Mexican cartels.

Comment

Showtime is probably the most realistic option. PBC has quality fights for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
        Canelo is a greedy fool. A talented one for sure, but he just shot himself in the foot for the sake of his ego.

We all know he would have cruised to a decision over GGG, dispatched with certainty almost any opponent Dazn put in front of him.

Now he wants to take on the added responsibility of promoter, negotiator, manager, without the family and people Floyd had around him when he broke free.

He's made a stupid decision IMO, but something tells me he'll walk in Floyd's shadow, continuing to pick opponents on the slide, but who still have enough draw to make the PPV numbers.

What a greedy bugger. He would have been happier being a Don in one of the Mexican cartels.
        Lol. When people make fun of the rich regarding their children haven’t worked hard for it would be considered spoiled and greedy. Then Canelo haters like yourself would say “Canelo doesn’t deserve $34mil a fight...”

So then the redhead is released to possibly make less via risk, you guys call him “greedy.”

Lol. Fans still bring up GGG in their posts. They can’t stand that GGG didn’t do enough to convincingly beat Canelo. i hope you guys don’t think that to your graves

Comment

Dan Rafael didn’t bother mentioning Smith or BJS. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post

Greedy for wanting to get paid? The man is literally getting paid zero money. Zero.

He could fight you for 1 dollar right now and make more than he’s made on DAZN in a year.

He can still hire a promoter on a fight by fight basis like how Floyd would work with Golden Boy. Or he can sign with any network who’d give their right nut to have the p4p # 1 who also happens to be Mexican and ALSO happens to be the biggest name.

There will be zero shortage of people wanting to work with him on the business side of things. He’s not some random dude. If you’re Canelo, you can even fight in Mexico, Texas, etc and have those owners dying for you to bring a fight there.

You think guys like AJ in the UK or Canelo can’t get a great team together to make an event for them despite being involved in the biggest fights in the sport? Like they just forget people?

I hate to tell you but like theyve always said “If it makes money it makes sense.”

Even Floyd himself would gladly get involved.

Nothing greedy about being unhappy that you’re essentially unemployed despite having a guarantee for fights lmao. Let the man earn a living.

The s hit people will criticize these days

Comment

The think is no one in PBC will want to fight him. They are all on their 30 tune up fight lol

Comment

It means one of the Smith brothers is gettin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
                  Dan Rafael didn’t bother mentioning Smith or BJS. Lol
                  :Lol1: yeah I think it's obvious it definitely not gonna be saunders lol mr is definitely protecting him, I understand he's good but I don't understand the hype he got off the lemioux win. Soon as he gets blasted out it's not like they can't still promote him to those idiot blokes across the pond

Comment

Go it alone, what amazes me is the greed in regards to his opponents. They turning down the sort of offers that am hearing is crazy. Would he be able to offer them even more now?

Comment

Working...
                    X