No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Breaks Down Heffron vs. Bentley II Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Breaks Down Heffron vs. Bentley II Card

THE CARD FOR the explosive middleweight rematch between Mark Heffron and Denzel Bentley on Friday November 13 is now fully marked and we are guaranteed a good few more big bangs the week after Bonfire Night. With our top man at 160lbs, Liam Williams, now ready to create more of his own brand of havoc at world title level against Demetrius Andrade, we have been able to part him from the British title that played such a big part of launching the reboot of the Welsh firebrand.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sorry but the IBF & WBO European title's mean nothing! There's only one Euro title & that's the EBU. While I'm here is Ram's English title on the line & if not why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      Sorry but the IBF & WBO European title's mean nothing! There's only one Euro title & that's the EBU. While I'm here is Ram's English title on the line & if not why?
      We all know they mean nothing, but it is a way to climb the ranks and gain favour within the various orgs.

WBO European means nothing, only the EBU means anything to any one in Europe, it means you are the best of every European country before you reach world level.

If I was a boxer I would go for Scottish, British, EBU then world, as a natural progression....... these intercontinental and EU organisational belts are purely for climbing ranks within that org.

Comment

The title may or may not be meaningless but this was a real fun fight first time round and about the only time I remember seeing a Unanimous draw ever, much less one I actually agreed with:

There's a good reason i included the rematch in this weeks Pick Em even though neither of the two are really world level fighters. Some match-ups just work.

Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          The title may or may not be meaningless but this was a real fun fight first time round and about the only time I remember seeing a Unanimous draw ever, much less one I actually agreed with:

There's a good reason i included the rematch in this weeks Pick Em even though neither of the two are really world level fighters. Some match-ups just work.

Looking forward to this one.
          You've missed the point Heff/Bent is for the British title (Lonsdale Belt) just about the most prestigious belt in the World.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            We all know they mean nothing, but it is a way to climb the ranks and gain favour within the various orgs.

WBO European means nothing, only the EBU means anything to any one in Europe, it means you are the best of every European country before you reach world level.

If I was a boxer I would go for Scottish, British, EBU then world, as a natural progression....... these intercontinental and EU organisational belts are purely for climbing ranks within that org.
            You missed off the Commonwealth title, there's 53 country's in the Commonwealth which must make it pretty prestigious.

Comment

You missed off the Commonwealth title, there's 53 country's in the Commonwealth which must make it pretty prestigious.
              Of course, British goes nice with the commonwealth

Comment

You've missed the point Heff/Bent is for the British title (Lonsdale Belt) just about the most prestigious belt in the World.
                Just about? Pffftt... you're underselling it man.

Comment

Working...
                X