Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez To Fight On: I Don't Want To End My Career Like This

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez To Fight On: I Don't Want To End My Career Like This

Former WBO light heavyweight champion Eleider Alvarez is planning to continue his career, after mulling the scenario of retiring from the sport. Back on August 22nd, Alvarez was viciously knocked out by Joe Smith at the MGM Grand's Conference Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If you don't want to end your career like this, you're probably going to end it worse.

Comment

I think he can still do well but probably not against the top tier guys like Beterbiev and Bivol (and obviously Smith). It's a shame he lost all that time as Stevenson's mandatory. He's long in the tooth and it gets harder as we age.

Comment

Maybe feed him a prospect like Yarde? But I think Yarde will have too much power for him. Alvarez needs to go back and box, but he is still in love with his power.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
          Maybe feed him a prospect like Yarde? But I think Yarde will have too much power for him. Alvarez needs to go back and box, but he is still in love with his power.
          Just at the tail end of his career though right? It's almost like KO'ing Kovalev was simultaneously the best and worst thing that could have happened for him.

Comment

Working...
          X