Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I Feel Strong At 130, But I'll Take Good Opportunity At 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I Feel Strong At 130, But I'll Take Good Opportunity At 135

SAN ANTONIO Gervonta Davis has higher-profile opportunities within the lightweight division, but the unbeaten knockout artist is open to remaining at junior lightweight for his next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

GTD has some options. Great news, should turn into some incredible fights either way he decides to go

Comment

Smart move by Tank imo. Stay in shape and you can be the man at 130. Plenty of quality potential fights.

Only question is will Politics and BS get in the way given all the best opponents are with Top Rank or GBP.

My guess is even if he stays in perfect shape and does everything professionally Tank will be at 135 by 2022.

Comment

"Gary Russell Jr. (31-1, 18 KOs), the long-reigning WBC featherweight champion, is more than willing to move up from 126 pounds to 130 for the opportunity to battle Davis."

That's the fight! MAN UP!

Bring it to ATL!

Falcons to allow limited number of fans at games in Mercedes-Benz Stadium starting Oct. 11

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tarting-oct-11
        Last edited by Bronx2245; 11-03-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          "Gary Russell Jr. (31-1, 18 KOs), the long-reigning WBC featherweight champion, is more than willing to move up from 126 pounds to 130 for the opportunity to battle Davis."

Bring it to ATL!

Falcons to allow limited number of fans at games in Mercedes-Benz Stadium starting Oct. 11

I'd like to see that fight too, especially in ATL. We have to be realistic in the timing of fights. Why scream man up about fighting the next opponent days after a fight. Guy spends months preparing mentally and physically for war, he wins the war and fans immediately go "who's next".

Comment

Bring it to ATL!

I want to see that fight too but didn’t everybody just cry that LSC was too small. GRJ is going to look like an ant in there next to Tank.

Comment

Bring it to ATL!

That's the fight to make honestly and I'd give GRJ a good chance to win. Not sure how he handles Tanks power though. Very interesting match up

Comment

The key is discipline for him and please get some financial education and stop hanging out with losers. You're not in the ghetto anymore.

Comment

Good performance but not great topped off by that uppercut.
                  Cruz was tagging Tank all night, if Lopez was catching Tank like that every round it could be a different story.
                  I wouldn't mind watching it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    I'd like to see that fight too, especially in ATL. We have to be realistic in the timing of fights. Why scream man up about fighting the next opponent days after a fight. Guy spends months preparing mentally and physically for war, he wins the war and fans immediately go "who's next".
                    It's not meant to be a "diss," however, let's not act like GRJ has not been after Tank for a minute, even before LSC!

February 10, 2020:

Gary Russell Jr: Gervonta Davis needs to grow some nuts

On if this was his last fight at 126lbs:

“Hell yeah! Unless Leo (Santa Cruz) gonna come see me at 126. But other than that I’ll meet him at 130. I mean I don’t plan on moving to 130, I wanted to jump straight to 135. I wanted to put myself in the weight division with Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis, I want a rematch with Vasiliy Lomachenko — I don’t want to do it for the fans, I don’t want to do it for the media, I want to do it for myself. I got too much integrity to just let something like that go. I gotta get back.

“I don’t feel like it’s nobody (at 130) that I want to compete against. The only reason I was going to go to 130 was because Tevin Farmer was one of the fighters that mentioned my name. I’m a real fighter, I’m a real champion, so I’ll answer the call to anybody. I got too much integrity...”

On wanting to fight Gervonta Davis but being dismissed as an opponent because he ‘can’t sell,’ and what it will take for that fight to happen:

For (Davis) to grow some nuts. For his team to grow some cojones. Stop actin’ like a sucker, the sport of boxing is getting weak. A lot of the fighters are getting weak. I’ll answer the call to anybody. If somebody say they wanna fight me, I’m a man at the end of the day. We gonna fight! I don’t care if you 200lbs. If you say you want to fight me you better put your hands up because we gonna rumble. That’s just the type of individual that I am. I feel as a fighter that’s the type of attitude and mindset that you supposed to have as a fighter.

“What type of stuff is that to say ‘well I don’t want to fight him because it don’t sell’? You sound like a sucker. You sound like a sucker! You mean to tell me because I’m telling you I want to fight you, you picking and choosing who you want to fight?! Come on, man. I ain’t trying to hear that.”

On if that fight wouldn’t in actuality sell pretty well:

“Hell yeah it’ll sell! We don’t even have to put no titles on the line, we can do a charity event and everybody will come to that fight. So what he’s talking about don’t even make sense...”

On if he thinks Davis is a great fighter:

“Well I’m not gonna say he’s a great fighter. I do take my hat off to him because I watched him come up in the amateurs, I’m glad that he had the opportunity to provide a sense of financial stability for his family, friends, and all. But he definitely don’t have the skill set it takes to mess with me. That’s the reason he’s choosing and his team, Floyd and everybody else, choosing to keep him away from me. They handpick who they wanna fight, I don’t handpick who I fight. I fight whoever says they wanna fight me. Let’s make the fight happen.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/2/1...grow-some-nuts

Comment

Working...
                    X