Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Makes No Excuses, Unsure of His Boxing Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Makes No Excuses, Unsure of His Boxing Future

Leo Santa Cruz will allocate the next days, weeks and even months to decide, together with his family, whether he will remain in boxing or retire after his brutal knockout loss to Gervonta Davis on Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like LSC and I hope he retires. He’s a likable guy but apparently not good enough to compete with the best. Time to retire before more damage occurs.

Comment

win lose or draw LSC is a real champ. very humble dude gotta respect that

Comment

Come on, Leo. Make some excuses.

Your dad spiked your water, didn't he?

Comment

REAL Mexican

No shame lil homie! Much love

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Come on, Leo. Make some excuses.

Your dad spiked your water, didn't he?
            Mexicans don't do that. He tried 1000% and lost. No shame

Comment

Boricua181

I believe that if Leo Santa Cruz decides that he will continue his career, he will gain a few more wins, and suffer a few more knockout losses. At 130, or 135, he'll run into to fighters that are younger, fresher, stronger, and hungrier. He doesn't possess the power to keep fighters off of him, or gain their respect. So he can try to gain old glory, but he will pay the price the price. He moved up a few weight classes, but he didn't bring the lower weight power with him. He'll be open game for the top fighters at 130, and the 135 pound class devisions.

Comment

Was a lot funner fight than I expected. Brave effort from Leo Santa Cruz.

Comment

He needs to take the rest of 2020 and just data dump boxing. Get away from it except to stay in non-training shape. Nothing in that ring tells me he is washed up. He was competitive and active. He was competing with a near elite fighter at a weight that was maybe 1 division too big for him.

I would have zero problems with him retiring with his health, of course. Always cheer for that. But I feel he still has something to offer his legacy. Better to get away for a little bit, make a good choice, and be sure you are done than do what so many boxers do: Get away, fall out of shape, then decide they need it back. That results in some ugly, shell of themselves efforts. I think he should drop a division and have another fight against a "B" level fighter to be sure he is done.

Comment

Needs to go back down in weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X