Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alex Saucedo Suffered Two Brain Bleeds During Barboza Bout; Retires At 26

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alex Saucedo Suffered Two Brain Bleeds During Barboza Bout; Retires At 26

Alex Saucedo suffered what turned out to be a career-ending loss October 17. ESPN's Mark Kriegel revealed during an ESPN+ stream Saturday night from Las Vegas that Saucedo sustained two brain bleeds during his 10-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Arnold Barboza Jr. two weeks ago. The 26-year-old Saucedo told Kriegel he believes a clash of heads in the first round did the damage that ultimately ended the junior welterweight contender's career long before he had hoped it would conclude.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Alex Saucedo retires

Just confirmed on the ESPN telecast. He suffered from two brain bleeds against Arnold Barboza Jr and decided to walk away after treating it

Known for his famous war vs Lenny Zappavinga, I hope he enjoys retirement and good health

Comment

Man that sux.
      Their should be some type of 7nsurance that fighters can buy to cover for this happening.

Comment

OH man, good things he's still alive

Comment

Damn that sucks for this kid but at least he is still alive and can lead a normal life. Some are not as fortunate and I think he realizes this. Good luck in the future kid, still have a ton to live for.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            Damn that sucks for this kid but at least he is still alive and can lead a normal life. Some are not as fortunate and I think he realizes this. Good luck in the future kid, still have a ton to live for.
            Good post buddy. Couldn’t have said it better. God bless him.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              OH man, good things he's still alive

Alive and not paralyzed or similar.

I'm a big believer in fighters refusing to hang them up and defying age, but stuff like this, this is a real valid reason to retire.

Respect to him and best of luck with his life.

Comment

Damn that is terrible news but hopefully he makes a full recovery and is able to live a Normal Life with his Family! That is more important than Boxing!

Comment

Damn that crazy, but salute to him his health is more important. Hope he made some decent money already that gave him a boost in starting out his life.

Comment

He definitely needs to stop. He had a good career and had a lot of action fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X