No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Murat Gassiev 230.6-Pounds, Nuri Seferi 225.1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights: Murat Gassiev 230.6-Pounds, Nuri Seferi 225.1

Murat Gassiev (26-1, 19 KOs) is about to make his heavyweight debut in his first competitive fight in more than two years. Gassiev, 27, seems fit for a new weight class as he has weighed in at a solid 230.6 pounds. His Saturday opponent Nuri "The Albanian Tyson" Seferi (41-9, 23 KOs), also a former cruiserweight, tipped the scales a shade lighter at 225.1.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well he wins this fight no matter what so hopefully it lasts long enough to gauge his speed and mobility at this higher weight. Luckily for Gassiev he was the one of the biggest guys at Cruiser in terms of fight night weight, so the 30 lb weigh in increase may not be as dramatic as it might seems since he'll only be 10 or so pounds heavier than he was fighting at before

Comment

Originally posted by Coreytrevor12 View Post
      Well he wins this fight no matter what so hopefully it lasts long enough to gauge his speed and mobility at this higher weight. Luckily for Gassiev he was the one of the biggest guys at Cruiser in terms of fight night weight, so the 30 lb weigh in increase may not be as dramatic as it might seems since he'll only be 10 or so pounds heavier than he was fighting at before
      Yeah, there are a few of us on here that feel Gassiev may end up a better HW than he was a CW. I think his power comes along just fine, and he may actually be stronger. That 230-240 pound range may actually be healthier for him. As a CW, he had to learn to box a little. That should also translate well. Like you, I see we get nothing out of this fight but a full speed sparring session. But it will still be fun to see how good he looks.

I worry Usyk may not be able to carry this weight and in over his head as a guy who did not have great power at CW. But Gassiev? This may be his calling.

Comment

Gassiev got gassed up for real. He looks big to be wearing black, bc that slims your look

Comment

I am interested to see how Gassiev develops. Even though he looks old he is only 27. Barely entering his physical prime.This match up does nothing for him but at least it keeps him active after a long layoff.

I recall Chris Arreola stating that Gassiev is one of the hardest punchers he has spared against. That makes me believe that he will still be a puncher at heavyweight coupled with the fact that he is a little shorter but a naturally very heavy guy.

Comment

2 years out is a long damn time. That and the extra weight, there's no telling what we're going to see.

Comment

I think it won’t go past 3 rounds ,maybe even ends in 1 . Can’t see Sefari standing with the first solid shot Gassiev intends to end the fight in .

Comment

Anyone know where to watch this?

Comment

This first fight appears to be a caveman vs a bear, crude but brutal.

Comment

Interested to see how far he can go; accomplished fighter trying to test himself at HW. These CW's, even a Gassiev, should bring a little more handspeed and overall competency to the division. I didn't realize he's been out 2 years , hopefully a lot of time and effort put into the details in buidling up his body; knock off some ring rust tonight....we'll see. Maybe this can be successful

Comment

Working...
                    X