No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue - The Run, In Progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue - The Run, In Progress

By Cliff Rold - The idea that boxing's best have already settled into the rearview mirror is disproven regularly. There's always someone new, somewhere on the scale, who comes along to expand the history of where they stand. 27-year old bantamweight leader Naoya Inoue (19-0, 16 KO) of Japan is widely seen as one of boxing's best talents. A two-division titlist by his...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Inoue should have fought some of the elite fighters at junior bantam while he was at junior bantam.

Instead he skipped over them while they all went to war with each other.

Waiting to maybe pick on the one guy that's left after all the smoke clears? Smart business move but not good for legacy.

Comment

Thanks for the write up. As long as the weight class is natural not cash driven fine. He seems to be comfortable at this weight right now and for the next three or so fights.

He is 27 years old, in normal times it would be easier to say what direction his decissions go as far as weight class. All I know for sure is I enjoy watching the man fight. I enjoy the silence that comes with his build up to fights. I was disappointed in the Casi fight not happening and not a Maloney fan. But its the ring, cuts off nights do happen. Maloney is not there to loose in his head. I hope it goes some distance there are no cards to dispute, or refs to question. Oh that is right this is boxing. So I will still watch.
      BLUES

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Inoue should have fought some of the elite fighters at junior bantam while he was at junior bantam.

Waiting to maybe pick on the one guy that's left after all the smoke clears? Smart business move but not good for legacy.
        He moved up to Bantam when HBO pulled out of boxing. They were putting money into 115 and ran that dope Superfly card that Inoue was on. When HBO pulled out, it was around the same time that WBSS announced a bantamweight tournament. Made perfect sense IMO.

Hell, after SSR beat Estrada his next 3 title defenses weren't even ****ing televised. A top p4p guy. Choco was fighting off TV, and Estrada I'm pretty sure was only being televised in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          He moved up to Bantam when HBO pulled out of boxing. They were putting money into 115 and ran that dope Superfly card that Inoue was on. When HBO pulled out, it was around the same time that WBSS announced a bantamweight tournament. Made perfect sense IMO.

Hell, after SSR beat Estrada his next 3 title defenses weren't even ****ing televised. A top p4p guy. Choco was fighting off TV, and Estrada I'm pretty sure was only being televised in Mexico.
          Chocolatito, SSR, Cuadras, and Estrada all somehow managed to fight each other. Even after HBO Boxing went off the air (in the case of the last 3.)

Inoue somehow managed to fight none of them. Even though he was at super fly for 3 years.

Comment

when i pointed this out inoues fanboys got mad 😝

he is a coward. who struggled with donaires ghost.
            that tells you what would have happened if he fought them

Comment

Comment

Chocolatito, SSR, Cuadras, and Estrada all somehow managed to fight each other. Even after HBO Boxing went off the air (in the case of the last 3.)

Inoue somehow managed to fight none of them. Even though he was at super fly for 3 years.
                So this would have been the one time you would have told somebody to sign with DAZN? Because that's where Choco, SSR and Estrada all are.

Comment

I hope inoue will fight casimero after he beat maloney.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    So this would have been the one time you would have told somebody to sign with DAZN? Because that's where Choco, SSR and Estrada all are.
                    Inoue's 3 year run at super fly was before DAZN.

Also I was a paid DAZN subscriber so of course I would have told somebody to sign with them. I only cancelled because the pandemic stopped them from putting on any good fights.

Might re-subscribe for this weekend and the upcoming months. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X