Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: I Knew Teofimo Lopez Was Good, But I Didn't Realize How Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: I Knew Teofimo Lopez Was Good, But I Didn't Realize How Good

Bob Arum admits he underestimated Teofimo Lopez. The 23-year-old lightweight champion's promoter knew Lopez was a powerful puncher. Arum whose company, Top Rank Inc., represents Lopez and Lomachenko just didn't realize that the confident, entertaining Lopez is capable of boxing as well as he did versus Vasiliy Lomachenko in what amounted to a career-changing performance Saturday night in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fair enough Bob. But can he do it again?

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
      Fair enough Bob. But can he do it again?
      Arum will have an easier job promoting Lopez than Loma. I think he's starting to recognize this. The power of youth with a personality and being American in a social media age.

Comment

You have not seen green Teofimo in his true form! Neofimo v.1 has just rebooted the 'Matrix'. Now, Teo is returning as John Wick to take on higher level bosses. Like Wick, Teo needs the gold-coins to sign the contract, before he body's the target.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          Arum will have an easier job promoting Lopez than Loma. I think he's starting to recognize this. The power of youth with a personality and being American in a social media age.
          Oh without a doubt. Arum will treat Loma respectfully but I think from now on Teo is the favorite.

Comment

You could tell that Arum was pretty confident that Lomachenko would win. Pretty much from when negotiations started and when he was ripping Lopez apart for not taking the initial offer. This is why Lopez Sr said after the fight that Arum looked mad and upset that his son won.

Comment

Translation: I wanted Lopez to win because he's American, he's younger, he's more colorful personality, he's more sellable than an over 30 eastern european. I am playing dumb on Lopez and my beliefs in his potential to make it seem like I had no favoritism or agenda in the fight.

Comment

Bob knows what he's doing. Bob knows Loma is on his way out, what better way than to screw him over like he did Pacquiao with Bradley and Horn. He can still make money off of Loma while keeping his "star" Lopez undefeated and going. Even if Lopez did pull off enough to be the man who won the fight, the 11-1 scorecard was already mailed in and Bob was all in it.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  You could tell that Arum was pretty confident that Lomachenko would win. Pretty much from when negotiations started and when he was ripping Lopez apart for not taking the initial offer. This is why Lopez Sr said after the fight that Arum looked mad and upset that his son won.
                  It's kind of weird knowing just how good Top Rank match makers are though. Not saying this is the outcome they wanted but they must have known Lopez was capable of what we saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    It's kind of weird knowing just how good Top Rank match makers are though. Not saying this is the outcome they wanted but they must have known Lopez was capable of what we saw.
                    This was a fight pretty much forced by Lopez and his father. They wanted the fight badly and kept calling for it. If the matchmakers are being honest, they were also expecting a Lomachenko win.

Comment

Working...
                    X