Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lewis Ritson Fails To Impress in Split Decision Over Miguel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lewis Ritson Fails To Impress in Split Decision Over Miguel Vazquez

Lewis Ritson will defend his WBA Inter-Continental Super-Lightweight Title against Mexico’s former long-reigning World Champion Miguel Vazquez on Saturday October 17, live on Sky Sports and DAZN. (photos by Mark Robinson)

Ritson (20-1, 12 KOs) was originally slated to face Vazquez (42-9, 16 KOs) on April 4 in Newcastle before the COVID-19 pandemic turned the sporting world on its head and the event was postponed until a later date.

The Geordie favourite produced a career-best performance to beat bitter rival Robbie Davies Jr in an enthralling Fight of the Year candidate last time out in October to stay in line for a shot at the WBA Super-Lightweight crown.

Vazquez previously held the IBF Lightweight World Title for four years, making six defences of the title in that time, before losing to Mickey Bey via a controversial split decision in Las Vegas, and will provide a tough test for 26-year-old Ritson.

Lookout for Meshech Speare tonight. A decent prospect who’s finally getting an opportunity on TV.

He’s from a similar area to me, came through the Golden Gloves gym and Everton Red Triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Lookout for Meshech Speare tonight. A decent prospect who’s finally getting an opportunity on TV.

He’s from a similar area to me, came through the Golden Gloves gym and Everton Red Triangle.
      He’s fighting now. Seems to have a decent jab, Should be using it more.

Looks like he’s fading a bit in the fourth round

We need crowds at boxing to block out the sound of Bellew screeching

Comment

Baker is a tough guy, but Speare looks solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonbus2 View Post
          Baker is a tough guy, but Speare looks solid.
          Yeah I like Baker, with a good promoter behind him his record would be far better.

Speare might have bit off too much here, he should be fighting at around 130 too. Think this is at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            He’s fighting now. Seems to have a decent jab, Should be using it more.

Looks like he’s fading a bit in the fourth round

We need crowds at boxing to block out the sound of Bellew screeching
            Yeah I’m watching it mate, Baker giving him all he can handle at the moment. It’s a tough test for him.

Bellew needs a muzzle instead of a face-mask.

Comment

Yeah I’m watching it mate, Baker giving him all he can handle at the moment. It’s a tough test for him.

Bellew needs a muzzle instead of a face-mask.
              I’ve got baker winning this at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                I’ve got baker winning this at the moment
                58-56 Baker for me.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a Draw and a rematch.

Comment

Completely agree, Spear's timing was awful

Comment

Working...
                    X