Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol To Return in Early 2021, Hopes For Beterbiev Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol To Return in Early 2021, Hopes For Beterbiev Next Year

The World Boxing Association (WBA) light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol will have his next fight in early 2021 in Russia or the United States, according to statements made by the athlete's manager, Vadim Kornilov, to TASS.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What happened to Zurdo vs Bivol. Some boxing account said on instagram that it was done and about to be announced, and then both their official accounts thumbed it up.

Comment

Boricua181

This would be a fantastic fight, both are undefeated champions. Artur Beterbiev is a murderous puncher, and Dmitry Bivol is more of a boxer. It's a classic match between the best Light Heavyweights in boxing. I would pick the puncher in this match up, but I could be wrong Bivol can box his opponents into frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        What happened to Zurdo vs Bivol. Some boxing account said on instagram that it was done and about to be announced, and then both their official accounts thumbed it up.
        Zurdo against either Bivol, or Beterbiev, would be great fights to watch. Zurdo also has good height, reach, boxing, and punching ability to win those fights. I'm not saying that he would, but his chances are very good to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
          Zurdo against either Bivol, or Beterbiev, would be great fights to watch. Zurdo also has good height, reach, boxing, and punching ability to win those fights. I'm not saying that he would, but his chances are very good to win.
          It was supposed to be "IS" going to be (great or bad, it's debatable) to watch, not "would be." What happened? Its supposed to be done, Bivol vs Zurdo. And before that there was buzz that it would be Browne. Any lesser opponent next after they leaked those names would be a disaster for Bivol's reputation. His fanbase mostly only supports boxers who legitimately chase the best opponent every fight, not ones who just pretend, or who make lowball offers.

Now that Bivol has at least one, maybe two, decent opponent options for late 2020/early 2021, in Zurdo and Browne, if he fights anyone else, I think Bivol will lose a lot of his fans and rightfully so.

Comment

Would be a brilliant match-up as it happens. Berbetiev is a monster, but Bivol punches with speed and authority. Bring it on!

Comment

Beterbiev will fight Fanlong , and then WBO champion could be Joe Smith/Umar Salamov/Maxim Vlasov

Comment

Roy Jones called for this fight on JRE. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Zurdo Promotions going for that trilogy with Hart. The fans demand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                    This would be a fantastic fight, both are undefeated champions. Artur Beterbiev is a murderous puncher, and Dmitry Bivol is more of a boxer. It's a classic match between the best Light Heavyweights in boxing. I would pick the puncher in this match up, but I could be wrong Bivol can box his opponents into frustration.
                    beterbiev has a suspect chin

Comment

Working...
                    X