Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Clay Collard Tests Positive For COVID-19; Out Of Rematch With LaVallais

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Clay Collard Tests Positive For COVID-19; Out Of Rematch With LaVallais

LAS VEGAS Clay Collard will have to wait for his second shot at Quincy LaVallais. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Collard tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday and has been removed from his fight scheduled for Saturday night versus LaVallais. Collard, 27, and LaVallais, 26, were supposed to fight again as part of the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Teofimo Lopez undercard at MGM Grand Conference Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn dude, that sucks. If they test right away again and he's negative would they consider putting the fight back in?

Comment

This is sad, if there was no covid this collard guy would be filling up small venues in the midwest too, he wrecked some top prospects and made them look like novices, that kamisky kid was the next golden child of top rank and he destroyed him like it was nothing, spanked the boy.

Comment

Wow that sucks, was looking forward more to watching Collard than the Teo and Loma fight cuz they both shamelessly asking for fake belts to duck Devin Haney!

Collard should be able to get on the Crawford undercard or the Tyson Fury undercard, very entertaining fighter and easy to root for!

Comment

Is his nickname "Greens"?

Comment

Move him to the Crawford card

Comment

This guy coming up with it gives me pause. At this point, he had to let his guard down.
              Last edited by Corelone; 10-14-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I thought recognized that name. That's the dude who's been upsetting all these good prospects. I would have really like to see him fight again. Fun fighter to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  I thought recognized that name. That's the dude who's been upsetting all these good prospects. I would have really like to see him fight again. Fun fighter to watch.
                  Dog if there was no Covid this guy would be a rising star, its sad. No audience changed the game, he just burst onto the scene destroying the apple card.

His win over Kamisky a top decorated amateur and one of Top Ranks prized new signings was insane. Collard is a buzzsaw man, insane gas tank, high offensive style, fun to watch. Easily could have been a rising draw for Top Rank and ESPN.

Kamisky got his ass spanked it was embarrassing and I dont think he will ever comeback from that fight, that type of L he took was bad against an MMA fighter who only took some boxing matches this year because he was waiting for a fight from PFL MMA in Nevada and wanted to be active to sharpen his boxing for MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Dog if there was no Covid this guy would be a rising star, its sad. No audience changed the game, he just burst onto the scene destroying the apple card.

His win over Kamisky a top decorated amateur and one of Top Ranks prized new signings was insane. Collard is a buzzsaw man, insane gas tank, high offensive style, fun to watch. Easily could have been a rising draw for Top Rank and ESPN.

Kamisky got his ass spanked it was embarrassing and I dont think he will ever comeback from that fight, that type of L he took was bad against an MMA fighter who only took some boxing matches this year because he was waiting for a fight from PFL MMA in Nevada and wanted to be active to sharpen his boxing for MMA.
                    I think you're right. Collard also seems to hit pretty hard and like you mentioned, he's got excellent stamina.

Comment

Working...
                    X