Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pinky Colon vs. Antonio Moran Headlines Boxeo Telemundo This Friday In Kissimmee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pinky Colon vs. Antonio Moran Headlines Boxeo Telemundo This Friday In Kissimmee

With the date originally budgeted to take place in upstate New York, there was initial concern that Emanuel Pinky' Colon wouldn't be able to get in a fight in 2020. The fan-friendly Buffalo-based Boricua chose to make a compromise in order to ensure he wouldn't stay out of the ring any longer than necessary. With that comes a return 52 weeks after his last bout, as the streaking junior welterweight knockout artist faces Mexico City's Antonio Too' Moran this weekend at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, Florida (Friday, Telemundo, 12:00 a.m. ET).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good match up Moran is a nice test for anyone coming up . Interested to see how Colon matches up to the challenge

Comment

Boricua181

Emanuel Colon is a Puerto Rican punching powerhouse, with enough heart to 8 of his fights in Mexico. His record in Mexico is 6 KO wins/ 1 MD loss/ 1 Draw, the MD loss was to Jose Rosales, whom Antonio Moran KO'd in Rosales' next fight. Colon appears to damage his opponents to the extent that that don't win many fight after, fighting him 6 haven't fought since. He obliterated his last opponent with a first round KO, he has 12 first round KO's. His next opponent Antonio Moran is a Mexican knockout artist, and I can't wait to see their fight on Friday. I'm predicting that Colon will win their fight, and if he catches him right he'll knock him out. To be fair Moran is a very tough fighter, and can win as well. Colon Hasn't fought more than one round in 3.4 years because, he's knocked out his last 3 opponents. He was also having problems with his team, can't remember if it was his manager, or promoter. He's made changes as of last year, but the Corona Virus also limited his fighting regularly. As fans we never know exactly what is going on with these fighters, only what we read. His career was supposed to take off after his last big win, last year. Well it didn't, lets see what happens after his next fight on Friday. I can't wait to see Colon versus Moran, it should be a good fight. Colon should be the victor, in a hotly contested fight. I don't think Colon will win by first round KO, but if he does watch out 140 pounders. He's also been fighting at 140 pounds for 8 years, he might have to move up to the 147 pound division in the near future. Colon needs to fight regularly in order to stay sharp, rated, gain more fans, and fight for a title in 2021.
      Last edited by Boricua181; 10-12-2020, 09:25 AM. Reason: I had to add a few words to a couple of sentences.

Comment

Anyone who beats Moran especially convincingly has to be considered a legit contender so let's see . I favor Moran slightly mostly cause if experience

Comment

Boricua181

I agree 100% Antonio Moran is tough as nails, he's only been KO'd once in 30 fights. It shows you just how special Devin Haney is, because he's the one who knocked him out. That said what in the hell was Moran who is 6 feet tall doing fighting at 135 pounds. It's crazy, and dangerous to fight at an anorexic weight just to get an edge in height, and reach. Anyway Moran does have some very good wins on his record. I didn't think that his fight with Yomar Alamo was a draw. Although Moran was pressing the fight, it was ineffective because he was missing to much, and being counter punched in between. When that is happening in a fight the counter puncher is the one who gets the points not the one pressing the fight, and that's what occurred in the Alamo versus Moran fight. That being true Moran literally made Yomar move constantly from the pressure he was applying. Colon is more of a power puncher, and fighter than Yomar Alamo, lets see if Moran can do the same to Emanuel "Pinky" Colon, I seriously doubt that. Let's see who's logic prevails on Friday, I'm looking forward to finding out. Don't forget that on that same card 18 year old, Puerto Rican welterweight Xander Zayas will be fighting. The experts are calling him the next great superstar out of Puerto Rico. Currently his professional record is 5-0 (4KO's), hopefully he'll be matched up with winning fighter who has about 10 to 15 wins. This is going to be his 6th fight, and if he's all that then this is the type of test he needs to be showcased.
          Last edited by Boricua181; 10-12-2020, 10:32 AM. Reason: Had to add some more content to the post.

Comment

Colon lost got me doubtful he'll be able to pull off a win against Moran tho . The guy he lost too has 27 loses right now and that fight was just a few years ago . As with Xander Zayas I gotta disagree with you a bit he just turned 18 . They got to keep slowly building him up , i do think he needs a step up in competition but not like the one your asking for. Maybe more like some whose 7-3

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
              Good match up Moran is a nice test for anyone coming up . Interested to see how Colon matches up to the challenge
              Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
              Emanuel Colon is a Puerto Rican punching powerhouse, with enough heart to 8 of his fights in Mexico. His record in Mexico is 6 KO wins/ 1 MD loss/ 1 Draw, the MD loss was to Jose Rosales, whom Antonio Moran KO'd in Rosales' next fight. Colon appears to damage his opponents to the extent that that don't win many fight after, fighting him 6 haven't fought since. He obliterated his last opponent with a first round KO, he has 12 first round KO's. His next opponent Antonio Moran is a Mexican knockout artist, and I can't wait to see their fight on Friday. I'm predicting that Colon will win their fight, and if he catches him right he'll knock him out. To be fair Moran is a very tough fighter, and can win as well. Colon Hasn't fought more than one round in 3.4 years because, he's knocked out his last 3 opponents. He was also having problems with his team, can't remember if it was his manager, or promoter. He's made changes as of last year, but the Corona Virus also limited his fighting regularly. As fans we never know exactly what is going on with these fighters, only what we read. His career was supposed to take off after his last big win, last year. Well it didn't, lets see what happens after his next fight on Friday. I can't wait to see Colon versus Moran, it should be a good fight. Colon should be the victor, in a hotly contested fight. I don't think Colon will win by first round KO, but if he does watch out 140 pounders. He's also been fighting at 140 pounds for 8 years, he might have to move up to the 147 pound division in the near future. Colon needs to fight regularly in order to stay sharp, rated, gain more fans, and fight for a title in 2021.
              both of these guys are bums

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
                both of these guys are bums
                Lmao your one of those . Anyone who isn't top 10 p4p is a bum huh . Relax guy Moran is good enough too beat some solid fighters and Colon have no clue but if he beats Moran then he's solid too .

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                  Lmao your one of those . Anyone who isn't top 10 p4p is a bum huh . Relax guy Moran is good enough too beat some solid fighters and Colon have no clue but if he beats Moran then he's solid too .
                  no they really are bums

Comment

I guess our definition of bum is different. Moran is more like a good gate keeper. A bum is Yardley Armenta Cruz

Comment

Working...
                    X