Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Hopes To Once Again Blast Whyte Out in Dramatic Fashion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin Hopes To Once Again Blast Whyte Out in Dramatic Fashion

Top heavyweight Alexander Povetkin of Russia is hoping to score another knockout of Dillian White, when the two boxers collide in a rematch. The first bout took place back in August, at Matchroom's Fight Camp in Brentwood.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Povetkin should apply the same pressure by always moving forward like he did in the first fight.
    He should watch out for Whyte left jab which was successful in the first fight.
    Mentally, Povetkin is on top as he goes into the rematch.

Comment

I said before the first fight this was 50/50. I had Whyte as the #4 HW & Povetkin the #5. They swapped places. I am tired of reading Povetkin was getting dominated. Sure he had a bad 4th rd & got dropped twice but he was not hurt by either knockdown. He was alert & ready in between the 4th & 5th. He was doing some good work & landing his own shots. He said before the fight he studied Whyte & knew there would be openings. He landed a clean KO blow when the opening presented itself. It wasn’t a homerun shot. It was a perfectly timed uppercut that Povetkin knew he could land at some point in the fight. It is not unrealistic that history repeats itself in this fight. The rematch I favour Povetkin 60/40 but Whyte could still come in & win this fight.

Comment

Talking to his corner in between rounds Povetkin asked what was going wrong.
        It wasn't going to plan obviously.
        He was eating jabs from White, and of course he didn't see the punches causing the knockdowns.

I think Povetkin team will approach the fight differently this time. Not exactly sure how.
        But it must give Povetkin peace of mind knowing he can end the fight with one punch.

Make no mistake, the uppercut was set up after Povetkin throwing right cross and seeing
        how White responded to it time and again in the fight. It was a slight variation of what
        Povetkin was throwing earlier in the fight.

Comment

This fight should be titled "battle of the ped cheaters".

Comment

whyte in danger of being put in a permanent coma

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
              This fight should be titled "battle of the ped cheaters".
              Chemical Warfare III: Povetkin v Whyte has a better ring to it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                I said before the first fight this was 50/50. I had Whyte as the #4 HW & Povetkin the #5. They swapped places. I am tired of reading Povetkin was getting dominated. Sure he had a bad 4th rd & got dropped twice but he was not hurt by either knockdown. He was alert & ready in between the 4th & 5th. He was doing some good work & landing his own shots. He said before the fight he studied Whyte & knew there would be openings. He landed a clean KO blow when the opening presented itself. It wasn’t a homerun shot. It was a perfectly timed uppercut that Povetkin knew he could land at some point in the fight. It is not unrealistic that history repeats itself in this fight. The rematch I favour Povetkin 60/40 but Whyte could still come in & win this fight.
                Yeah! me too I said the same thing and it was dangerous fight for Whyte although i said it was 60/40 in his favor. Loads of people on here were saying it was a non-fight and that Povetkin was finished.

People need to realize that these are the fighters that Wilder and Fury avoid, so you know they are dangerous. Fighters like Breazeale weren't even in the top-10

Whyte did land twice as many punches as Povetkin so he was kind of dominating tho. But Povetkin was still in the fight - he always lands his big punches no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                  Yeah! me too I said the same thing and it was dangerous fight for Whyte although i said it was 60/40 in his favor. Loads of people on here were saying it was a non-fight and that Povetkin was finished.

People need to realize that these are the fighters that Wilder and Fury avoid, so you know they are dangerous. Fighters like Breazeale weren't even in the top-10

Whyte did land twice as many punches as Povetkin so he was kind of dominating tho. But Povetkin was still in the fight - he always lands his big punches no matter what.
                  Povetkin failed a drug test that is why the Wilder fight didn't happen & no other reason. Fury beat Wilder & Klitschko in their own backyards. Hardly think he avoided anyone. He was obligated to fight Wilder a 3rd time or vacate. Breazeale actually was in the top 3 of the WBC & won a final eliminator over Eric Molina to get his shot. Let's not forget Whyte turned down a title shot at Joshua & refused to go to Bulgaria to fight Pulev in a IBF final eliminator after Hearn lost the purse bid. Hughie Fury took the fight instead being the next ranked opponent. Povetkin got popped a second time shortly after he was reinstated before an eliminator with Stiverne. That was a fight he could have easily won (Stiverne was done)& put himself in the mandatory spot again for Wilder. Povetkin dropped the ball failing 2 drug tests & it cost him his chance at Wilder twice. Nobody to blame but himself.

Comment

everytime pov bends his legs whyte will poop his pants in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X