Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Navarrete Captures WBO Title, Drops & Decisions Villa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Navarrete Captures WBO Title, Drops & Decisions Villa

Navarrete, Villa Fight Photos Gallery - MGM Grand Conference Center - For the vacant WBO featherweight title, Emanuel Navarrete (33-1, 28 KOs) scored two knockdowns on his way to a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Ruben Villa (18-1, 5 KOs). (photos by Mikey Williams)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Power-Punch Stats

Comment

It has been a long time!

It has been a few years since I have logged onto Boxing Scene. I guess it was so long they canceled my account with the same user name.

The reason I have not logged on is that I had lost interest in a sport that I had been obsessed with since the days of Ali. My interest dwindled because of all the ridiculous titles, and now with the WBC's Franchise title there is just another turd on the pile of crap that boxing has been turned into, of course for no other reason then greed. That is just one reason on a long of list of reasons I had lost interest.

With that said. I will say the boxing bug in me was stirred when i watched the preview of the Lomanchenko fight on the 17th. Because what I have watched on Youtube he is one hell of a fighter. The fact that the fight is free also did not hurt the cause. But enough of that.

The reason I am posting now is that I decided to watch the fight last night. My conclusion is that if Navarrete is ranked #2, Boxrec, in a division that he never fought in before last night boxing seems to still be in a sad state.

And why? The guy looks like a glorified club fighter and the one bright spot is that I could not find him in the top ten in any division of the Ring's ratings. So just maybe there is still hope for the sport I once loved!

Comment

Navarrete has clearly wins, i don't know what these judges watched. I had 116-110 for Vaquero who dominated the most of the time. The only rounds Villa won on my card was close...

Comment

Originally posted by Ravensfan View Post
          It has been a few years since I have logged onto Boxing Scene. I guess it was so long they canceled my account with the same user name.

The reason I have not logged on is that I had lost interest in a sport that I had been obsessed with since the days of Ali. My interest dwindled because of all the ridiculous titles, and now with the WBC's Franchise title there is just another turd on the pile of crap that boxing has been turned into, of course for no other reason then greed. That is just one reason on a long of list of reasons I had lost interest.

With that said. I will say the boxing bug in me was stirred when i watched the preview of the Lomanchenko fight on the 17th. Because what I have watched on Youtube he is one hell of a fighter. The fact that the fight is free also did not hurt the cause. But enough of that.

The reason I am posting now is that I decided to watch the fight last night. My conclusion is that if Navarrete is ranked #2, Boxrec, in a division that he never fought in before last night boxing seems to still be in a sad state.

And why? The guy looks like a glorified club fighter and the one bright spot is that I could not find him in the top ten in any division of the Ring's ratings. So just maybe there is still hope for the sport I once loved!
          So a WBC Franchise champion stirred the boxing bug in you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            So a WBC Franchise champion stirred the boxing bug in you?
            I haven't paid much attention to Alphabet belts so who is the franchise belt holder?

Comment

I haven't paid much attention to Alphabet belts so who is the franchise belt holder?
              Lomachenko.

He accepted Franchise Champion designation and dropped the WBC belt once Devin Haney was named his mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Lomachenko.

He accepted Franchise Champion designation and dropped the WBC belt once Devin Haney was named his mandatory.
                Are you implying that he is ducking one fighter to fight another one that is ranked higher?

Comment

Are you implying that he is ducking one fighter to fight another one that is ranked higher?
                  No, just letting you know that Lomachenko is the Franchise Champion and how it came about.

Comment

Working...
                  X