Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Emanuel Navarrete, Ruben Villa - Ready For WBO Title Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Emanuel Navarrete, Ruben Villa - Ready For WBO Title Clash

Navarrete, Villa Weights WBO Title Photos Gallery - Emanuel "Vaquero" Navarrete has won 27 consecutive bouts. Ruben Villa has never lost as a professional. Something will give Friday evening (ESPN, 10 p.m. ET), when the two battle for the vacant WBO featherweight world title, which became available after Shakur Stevenson moved up to the junior lightweight ranks. (photos by Mikey Williams)

[Click Here To Read More]

2 young guns

I think this fight is going to be more competitive than the people's expected. Villa is a talented fighter and his the bigger guy. But he has no pop, he's nerver fought at this level and never past 10 rounds.

In all divisions, nobody throw more punch per rd than Navarrete, he is a real nightmare for his opponents. 126 pounder is a right move for him at this age. Vaquero's constant pressure will be too much for RV4.

Navarrete by TKO 11

Comment

Originally posted by Joeboxeo View Post
      I think this fight is going to be more competitive than the people's expected. Villa is a talented fighter and his the bigger guy. But he has no pop, he's nerver fought at this level and never past 10 rounds.

In all divisions, nobody throw more punch per rd than Navarrete, he is a real nightmare for his opponents. 126 pounder is a right move for him at this age. Vaquero's constant pressure will be too much for RV4.

Navarrete by TKO 11
      I see it panning out pretty similar. Villa will pick up a few early rounds but ultimately won’t be able to keep Navarrete off and will succumb to the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I see it panning out pretty similar. Villa will pick up a few early rounds but ultimately won’t be able to keep Navarrete off and will succumb to the pressure.
        You dont think Navarrete missing weight on the first try is gonna affect him? It makes me wonder if he relaxed his training because he is underestimating Villa.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
          You dont think Navarrete missing weight on the first try is gonna affect him? It makes me wonder if he relaxed his training because he is underestimating Villa.
          Possibly bro, however, I still think he will have too much for Villa. I feel like Navarrete is the type of fighter you need to make respect your power or he will just walk you down and ultimately walk through you.

I think Villa will win some early rounds but when Navarrete cranks up the intensity how will Villa respond?

Pretty interesting matchup stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Possibly bro, however, I still think he will have too much for Villa. I feel like Navarrete is the type of fighter you need to make respect your power or he will just walk you down and ultimately walk through you.

I think Villa will win some early rounds but when Navarrete cranks up the intensity how will Villa respond?

Pretty interesting matchup stylistically.
            Yeah it is I'm quite curious about it and honestly I'm giving to Villa I've watched him fight and not only is he talented but I think when he sits on his punches he has just enough to keep Navarrete honest. Cant wait for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
              Yeah it is I'm quite curious about it and honestly I'm giving to Villa I've watched him fight and not only is he talented but I think when he sits on his punches he has just enough to keep Navarrete honest. Cant wait for this one.
              I’ve seen a few guys who know their stuff pick Villa. He’s around 5/2 with the bookies so might be worth putting a few quid on him.

I’m looking forward to it too...

Comment

I have the feeling this will be Navarrete's biggest challenge yet.

Comment

I'm going with Villa he's a slick southpaw who has good counters and lateral movement. Navarette is a big frame and he is strong but he just comes forward and tries to overwhelm that works for guys who stand still and trade but that's not Villas style we will see though.

One thing I'm curious about is Navarettes hands he seems to injure them pretty frequently

Comment

I'm taking Villa for the upset, Navarette puts a ton of pressure but I don't think he's ever been in there with a slick southpaw like Villa. If Villa is conditioned for 12 hard rounds I think he's gonna pull it off.

Comment

Working...
                    X