No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Lopez - More Undercard Bouts Announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Lopez - More Undercard Bouts Announced

The breakout star of the Bubble, "Cassius" Clay Collard, is back for more. Collard, the MMA pro-turned contender for 2020 "Boxing Prospect of the Year," will fight Quincy LaVallais in an eight-round middleweight bout on the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Teofimo Lopez undercard on Saturday, Oct. 17 from the MGM Grand Las Vegas Conference Center. It is a rematch of their June 2019 fight, which was ruled a draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mouth watering night of boxing for just £10 on Fite or Shall I watch Whyte fight a 41 year old over the hill fighter who has already KO'd him on Sky for £20 ?
    Can't wait for this fight, Lomo will truly have his hands full with this one .Great card to back it up and all that for a tenner!

Comment

Can't be mad about a Clay fight. I like that they are rematching one of the bad marks on his record & I dig that a MMA guy is having some success in boxing. That's my personal co-main event for this card.

Eh about the rest of that card doe. It's some prospects so that's fine, but no one I'm big on yet & the fights don't seem THAT compelling.

Comment

The Main Event is great but would have been nice to see more names on the undercards.

Comment

In the USA the fight is on ESPN. Is this ESPN PPV or is it a free fight?

Comment

Originally posted by oldterry View Post
            in the usa the fight is on espn. Is this espn ppv or is it a free fight?
            espn + ...

Comment

No one can complain about this card. It has the most anticipated matchup of the year with Loma/Lopez and it's not PPV. Say what you want about Arum, he is doing a great thing by putting this on regular ESPN. Take notice Haymon, Hearn, etc.
              Not putting such a big fight on PPV is a great way to reach a new fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                No one can complain about this card. It has the most anticipated matchup of the year with Loma/Lopez and it's not PPV. Say what you want about Arum, he is doing a great thing by putting this on regular ESPN. Take notice Haymon, Hearn, etc.
                Not putting such a big fight on PPV is a great way to reach a new fanbase.
                The undercard absolutely sucks.

This fight isn't on PPV because it wouldn't sell well. Not because Arum is doing a great thing.

Let's just enjoy the main event and leave at it that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  The undercard absolutely sucks.

This fight isn't on PPV because it wouldn't sell well. Not because Arum is doing a great thing.

Let's just enjoy the main event and leave at it that.
                  I totally disagree. Regardless of what you think the reason is, the main event is still the most anticipated fight of the year. Of course you people would find something to complain about.
                  I guess Davis vs Santa Cruz deserves to be on PPV though right?

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                    I totally disagree. Regardless of what you think the reason is, the main event is still the most anticipated fight of the year. Of course you people would find something to complain about.
                    I guess Davis vs Santa Cruz deserves to be on PPV though right?
                    Eddie Hearn has come out and spilled the beans that Bob Arum wanted to put Lomachenko vs Lopez on PPV. But low predicted sales figures changed his mind:

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-fi...ts-ppv--152321

Don't be such a sap to think that Arum is giving it away for free out of the goodness of his heart. How naive are you?

I don't know what you mean by "you people" but I've said that Davis vs Santa Cruz has a horrible undercard. As does Errol Spence vs Danny Garcia.

I try to keep it fair and not favor any specific "people" like you do.

Comment

Working...
                    X