Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Klitschko, Cotto, Ward Among Those Added To Hall of Fame Ballot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Klitschko, Cotto, Ward Among Those Added To Hall of Fame Ballot

The five newcomers are a who's who of boxing royalty, led by longtime pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., former longtime heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko, Puerto Rican legend Miguel Cotto, two-division world champion Andre Ward and three-division champion James Toney. They all had their last fights in 2017 and are eligible for the first time since last year the Hall of Fame reduced the waiting period from five years to three years before a fighter can appear on the ballot for the first time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So someone remind me how many people can actually get voted in per year ? I’m def going to this to see Toney’s induction.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      So someone remind me how many people can actually get voted in per year ? I’m def going to this to see Toney’s induction.
      I'm thinking 3 out of those 5 can get inducted. Dont hold me to that though.

Comment

I believe they recently increased it to 5 but something that isn't mentioned is that James Toney is on this ballot as well.

Comment

Whew this is def a tough year. Who gets in? Besides Mayweather (certified) the others are fairly close. If the numbers have increased to 5 then all 5 are first ballot HOFers. And this will be one of the best HOF classes in years. Inhope they hold off the ceremony til after COVID so we can get a real event
          Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 10-08-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Can't see anyone on the backlog more deserving really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              I believe they recently increased it to 5 but something that isn't mentioned is that James Toney is on this ballot as well.
              Hope they did. All 5 of those guys they named in the headline should be first ballot no question.

Comment

good cast. im still worried when you got "journalist" who vote for these and they dont even know the sport.

Comment

Would have thought that K bros wouldboth be in for being the only brothers to own HW titles at same time. strange.

maybe they will only let one K in per year.

Comment

For this category:
                    Minimum-Top 3 get in
                    Maximum-Possibly 6

Since each elector gets up to 5 votes, and anyone who is named on over 80% of the ballots gets in, its feasible that 6 fighters could be elected. But that would be very unlikely. It would almost require the voters to conspire to balance out their ballots in an effort to ensure they elect the maximum, and a number of voters not to vote for someone they think should get in.

In all likelihood 4-5 get in

Comment

Working...
                    X