Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Zepeda-Baranchyk: It Was Amazing, Like You Almost Couldn't Believe It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Zepeda-Baranchyk: It Was Amazing, Like You Almost Couldn't Believe It!

By Dan Rafael - Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has been putting on fights for 54 years and seen many classics. He has promoted or co-promoted numerous memorable slugfests, including Marvin Hagler-Thomas Hearns, all three Marco Antonio Barrera-Erik Morales fights, Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo I, Timothy Bradley Jr.-Ruslan Provodnikov and all four Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez battles, to mention just a few...
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight was unreal! I never seen that before, is insane

Comment

Have watched it 6x in total!

It was like a video game or something!

Both men deserve a million dollar bonus and a piece of ownership of this fight so they can always get paid off of this even when they retire!

Baranchyk’s manager is crazy, that guy needs to take atleast a year off and probably Zepeda as well!

Gentleman take a bow!
      Warriors take a bow, this fight alone has reinvigorated my love for boxing as I said I would stop watching modern boxing after this year and just watch fights that has already happened!

Comment

Originally posted by Joeboxeo View Post
        This fight was unreal! I never seen that before, is insane
        Great fight but the Takashi Miura fight with Fransisco Vargas is my all time favourite

Comment

One of the Top 5 fights I have ever seen. I'd have to put it above Gomez-Pintor in 1982. I told folks Zepeda was the most skilled fighter at 140. I never knew he carried rocks in his gloves too. Bob can now wheel & deal at 140 the way Al does at 147.

Comment

I concur, that was just the most insane fight ever. Not the best technically, but just a goddamn war between two top contenders who really want that title shot.

Comment

Hopefully neither fighter fights any time soon.
              Recovery is paramount.

Fights like these are great for fans,
              but they damage careers and health of fighters.

The fight itself was amazing. Zepeda's boxing was so good and his power is underrated. But Baranchyk was like a bull charging, and every punch from either fighter, you felt could just end the fight. Yet they both went at it.

Baranchyk will have a difficult time coming back. He might change his style to prolong his career. He has serious power. And Zepeda I think can look forward to a very good future at 140lbs.

For a competent classy boxer, it was strange Zepeda couldn't deal with Baranchyk's Left Hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post

Both men deserve a million dollar bonus and a piece of ownership of this fight so they can always get paid off of this even when they retire!

Baranchyk’s manager is crazy, that guy needs to take atleast a year off and probably Zepeda as well!

Gentleman take a bow!
                Warriors take a bow, this fight alone has reinvigorated my love for boxing as I said I would stop watching modern boxing after this year and just watch fights that has already happened!
                Agreed. These guys should be financially compensated beyond what they got before they signed up to fight.

What either boxer did, physically and psychologically was just superhuman.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post

Gentleman take a bow!
                  THIS!!!

They deserve every penny and some more.

Comment

I've read comments on people saying it was violent but not skilled. I have to disagree. You had skilled fighters in there; Zepeda should have beaten Ramirez and he's outboxed some real good fighters. Baranchyk is a powerful, swarming fighter who imposes his physicality on his opponent.

Baranchyk blitzed Zepeda early, hurt him and dragged him into a war. Before Zepeda could establish his skillsets, he had to fight for survival. He still used some savvy technique to overcome adversity.

Comment

Working...
                    X