Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Zepeda: I Know I'm Tough, I Didn't Know How Tough I Was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Zepeda: I Know I'm Tough, I Didn't Know How Tough I Was

Jose Zepeda knocked out Ivan Baranchyk in the fifth round of their junior welterweight instant classic Saturday evening at the MGM Grand Las Vegas. Both men hit the canvas four times, but it was a left hand from Zepeda, a two-time world title challenger, that ended the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

These need new categories; “FOTY BCD”

Fight Of The Year Behind Closed Doors”

Comment

Not only did Jose Zepeda displayed strong will and determination to overcome great difficulty against the 'Beast' Ivan Baranchyk, often some of us got to see the composed craftmanship beyond the apparent intense brutality.

Chon was thinking, plotting and executing strategy, this is a sample of what I seen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Not only did Jose Zepeda displayed strong will and determination to overcome great difficulty against the 'Beast' Ivan Baranchyk, often some of us got to see the composed craftmanship beyond the apparent intense brutality.

Chon was thinking, plotting and executing strategy, this is a sample of what I seen.
        What I saw too. Dude would plant a few to Baranchyk’s body after an assault from Baranchyk. He was systematically picking him apart amid the flurry Baranchyk was bringing.

After rd 2 I was confident Zepeda was gonna win, because he showed he just had to switch on. And everytime Baranchyk caught him again, Zepeda would quickly make him pay (same thing that happened right before the KO too). Some people want a rematch. But this just seems like a terrible matchup for Baranchyk to me.

Comment

Baranchyk is a very stupid fighter. He looks even dumber than he used to be before the WBSS. Reckless.

Comment

Congrats to both men.
            Hope Ivan Baranchyk is fine.

I personally FELT every punch that was landed.
            I was drained after this slugfest.

Ivan Baranchyk just needs learn how to be aggressively responsible.
            I hope he learns from this IF he can recover from such a brutal ko!!

Comment

Now I really want to see Baranchyk vs Provodnikov..

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                What I saw too. Dude would plant a few to Baranchyk’s body after an assault from Baranchyk. He was systematically picking him apart amid the flurry Baranchyk was bringing.

After rd 2 I was confident Zepeda was gonna win, because he showed he just had to switch on. And everytime Baranchyk caught him again, Zepeda would quickly make him pay (same thing that happened right before the KO too). Some people want a rematch. But this just seems like a terrible matchup for Baranchyk to me.

I got to highlight some of the work from the 'Beast' Ivan Baranchyk. Since Jose Zepeda was not frequently clinching, Ivan used this to his advantage : In round 4, I see Baranchyk slip Jose's jab, duck ( to avoid Zepeda's straight left ), step inside, come up and place his hands on Zepeda's shoulders ; perfectly lined up to Zepeda's chin.

If 'Chon' had clinched in this instance, Baranchyk would probably not landed this sneaky left-hook.

^ Zepeda caught on to Baranchyk slipping the left and right hands, cutting the distance, then coming over with the hooks, you see Zepeda immediately put his left up to block any incoming attacks?

For those who are students of the game, we know that this was not a 'brawl'.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  Congrats to both men.
                  Hope Ivan Baranchyk is fine.

I personally FELT every punch that was landed.
                  I was drained after this slugfest.

Ivan Baranchyk just needs learn how to be aggressively responsible.
                  I hope he learns from this IF he can recover from such a brutal ko!!
                  You said it best. Aggressively responsible! He corrects that readiness he can be a force bigger than before.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I got to highlight some of the work from the 'Beast' Ivan Baranchyk. Since Jose Zepeda was not frequently clinching, Ivan used this to his advantage : In round 4, I see Baranchyk slip Jose's jab, duck ( to avoid Zepeda's straight left ), step inside, come up and place his hands on Zepeda's shoulders ; perfectly lined up to Zepeda's chin.

If 'Chon' had clinched in this instance, Baranchyk would probably not landed this sneaky left-hook.

^ Zepeda caught on to Baranchyk slipping the left and right hands, cutting the distance, then coming over with the hooks, you see Zepeda immediately put his left up to block any incoming attacks?

For those who are students of the game, we know that this was not a 'brawl'.
                    Bro thanks for putting in the work to those gifs you make. They're top quality.

Comment

Working...
                    X