Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Baranchyk Learned From Taylor Fight; Not A 140-Pounder He Can't Beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Baranchyk Learned From Taylor Fight; Not A 140-Pounder He Can't Beat

Lou DiBella envisions Ivan Baranchyk becoming a two-time junior welterweight champion. Baranchyk's promoter is confident that his fighter learned plenty from the lone loss of his career, a 12-round unanimous decision to IBF/WBA champion Josh Taylor. Russia's Baranchyk will fight for the second time Saturday night since losing his IBF 140-pound crown to Taylor 16 months ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I will be very surprised if Zepeda doesn't knock this kid out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
      I will be very surprised if Zepeda doesn't knock this kid out cold.
      I mean he didn't do it to Kendo Castaneda so what makes you think he will knockout Ivan who showed he is durable against Taylor. Not saying Zepeda couldn't win by KO but he hasn't shown knock out cold power at the elite level before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        I mean he didn't do it to Kendo Castaneda so what makes you think he will knockout Ivan who showed he is durable against Taylor. Not saying Zepeda couldn't win by KO but he hasn't shown knock out cold power at the elite level before.
        The kid is slow, stupid and wide with his punches. I am expecting him to just walk into Zepedas shots till he falls over tbh.

We will soon find out though...

Comment

Anybody know for sure if this is a 10 or 12 Round bout?
          The two most recent articles, written by the same author on this site today, have it written both ways. I've also checked other sites and seen it as both 12 and 10.
          Boxrec has as 10
          FNDuel book has as 12
          Went on both WBC and TopRank website and couldn't find info. Looking forward to it either way! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

The kid is slow, stupid and wide with his punches. I am expecting him to just walk into Zepedas shots till he falls over tbh.

We will soon find out though...
            Wow you called it man that was a nasty knockout but it was a hell of a war.

Comment

Wow you called it man that was a nasty knockout but it was a hell of a war.
              It was an excellent fight, baranchyk fought a great fight.

zepeda was pretty awful tonight tbh. he made to many mistakes that could have cost him the win.

Comment

It was an excellent fight, baranchyk fought a great fight.

zepeda was pretty awful tonight tbh. he made to many mistakes that could have cost him the win.
                Yeah for sure but I think he had to fight that style to get Baranchyks respect and keep him off him sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't haha but it was great for TV.

Comment

Yeah for sure but I think he had to fight that style to get Baranchyks respect and keep him off him sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't haha but it was great for TV.
                  The main problem was he kept going straight back.
                  I believe if they rematch, zepeda can improve. baranchyk can not.

great tv indeed!

Comment

Working...
                  X