Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Roman Takes Aim at Luis Nery, Angelo Leo, Akhmadaliev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Roman Takes Aim at Luis Nery, Angelo Leo, Akhmadaliev

Former super bantamweight world champion, Danny Roman (28-3-1, 10 KOs), has his sights on challenging newly crowned WBC Champion Luis Nery (31-0, 24 KOs) after his recent unanimous decision over Juan Carlos Payano (21-4, 9 KOs). Roman defeated Payano by scores of 116-112 across the board in a WBC title elimination bout, putting him next in line to challenge Nery, who defeated previously unbeaten Aaron Alameda (25-1, 13 KOs) by way of a twelve round unanimous decision, to capture the vacant WBC belt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think he can beat nery . with payano he had good positioning but he couldn't jab to save his life and that's an essential part of any fighters arsenal .

Comment

Roman vs. Nery should be decent! Angelo Leo has unfinished business with Cool Boy Steph! Let's Get It! ASAP! I need more Brandon Figueroa! Would love to see him fight Akhmedaliev or even GRJ @ 126!

Comment

Payano won that fight. It's a shame that Al Haymon is looking out for Roman this much. He's severely overrated and against Nery and or Manny Rodriguez or Akmadaliev he would be destroyed. Akmadaliev out worked him and walked through his punches like a knife through butter just as Payano did because Roman has absolutely no power. It makes for a boring fight and is quite nauseating just seeing two guys go like rockem sockem robots with no KO in sight

Comment

MJ will beat him even more convincingly the second time around, he has a potential to become the first IBHOF uzbek boxer

Comment

Roman did what he had to. A bout with Nery is enticing to say the least! Under normal circumstances I would take Roman. Maybe the second fight any boxer has in the bubble or without fans, will bring out their true skill. I have only seen a shell of each fighters talent in these times.

Comment

Nery is nothing special and either is Roman. They are both there to be taken IMO. I don't care if people thought Nery was some kind of monster. He has proven with his lackluster performance against the unknown Alameda that without the juice and weight bullying, he is fairly limited.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skywalker View Post
                Payano won that fight. It's a shame that Al Haymon is looking out for Roman this much. He's severely overrated and against Nery and or Manny Rodriguez or Akmadaliev he would be destroyed. Akmadaliev out worked him and walked through his punches like a knife through butter just as Payano did because Roman has absolutely no power. It makes for a boring fight and is quite nauseating just seeing two guys go like rockem sockem robots with no KO in sight
                And Nery isn't overrated? He couldn't even hurt Alameda without the juice who had zero experience against high level opponents going into that fight. You people never cease to amaze me with your ridiculous bias and double standards.

Comment

Casimero-Rigondeaux and Nery-Roman would be a good double header

Comment

Working...
                  X