No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo-Jeison Rosario - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo-Jeison Rosario - Official Scorecards

Charlo, Rosario Official Scorecards - Mohegan Sun, CT. - In a unification clash for the WBC, IBF, WBA junior middleweight titles, Jermell Charlo (34-1, 18 KOs) knocked out Jeison Rosario (20-2-1, 14 KOs) in the eight round. Rosario had been down three times in the contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol... Better be some celebratory stories about Mell becoming unified. Jermell has one of the deepest resumes at 154. Hit Rosario with a lightning rod. Knocked the life out of him. Give him his due you fake shape shifting shills for boxings failing establishment!!! Know these haters are punching wind today.

Comment

#LionsOnly

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
        Lol... Better be some celebratory stories about Mell becoming unified. Jermell has one of the deepest resumes at 154. Hit Rosario with a lightning rod. Knocked the life out of him. Give him his due you fake shape shifting shills for boxings failing establishment!!! Know these haters are punching wind today.
        Too late. More than a handful are calling it a dive. Why dive when he was already skating on Bambi legs 2 of the last 7 rounds? Charlo broke him down. As long as the Charlos are Black American , non-apologetic, and fight on PBC, they will NEVER get a certain type of "boxing fan's or boxing media's" respect. Congrats to both.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
          was rosario even good? he got ko' by gallimore, has a draw with mark hernandez? and a split decision over jorge cota. he beat williams but that guy is pure glass. he went from tune up level opponent to top fighter in 1 fight hmm what do you think the truth really is?

Comment

Heeeeere we go. Now all of a sudden Rosario was a can. I saw this coming. Lol pathetic clown car casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              was rosario even good? he got ko' by gallimore, has a draw with mark hernandez? and a split decision over jorge cota. he beat williams but that guy is pure glass. he went from tune up level opponent to top fighter in 1 fight hmm what do you think the truth really is?
              Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              Heeeeere we go. Now all of a sudden Rosario was a can. I saw this coming. Lol pathetic clown car casuals.
              Is he wrong though? Rosario is a good fighter but we have to evaluate guys, warts and all. Some people give no credit, some people too much credit. And then some of us evaluate without emotion. It was a really good win for Jermell but saying his opposition level at 154 has been elite is a stretch. Couple that with the Harrison first fight and I think evaluating him as an exciting but still TBD level of boxer is accurate.

I would love to see him in with Lara still. I don't know if he would win 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                casual? its casual to just watch one fight and know how good a guy is. he was considered a tune up level opponent a year ago. look at his resume before fighting williams and you will see why. struggled against sub par opposition. now its possible he improved by leaps and bounds, he is a young fighter after all, but its also possible he just had one good fight for whatever reason: got lucky, wiliams had a bad night, is overrated, bad style match up etc...its definitely a good win but he didnt beat some highly regarded top fighter who had been on top for years with many good wins.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  casual? its casual to just watch one fight and know how good a guy is. he was considered a tune up level opponent a year ago. look at his resume before fighting williams and you will see why. struggled against sub par opposition. now its possible he improved by leaps and bounds, he is a young fighter after all, but its also possible he just had one good fight for whatever reason: got lucky, wiliams had a bad night, is overrated, bad style match up etc...its definitely a good win but he didnt beat some highly regarded top fighter who had been on top for years with many good wins.
                  Thiss........

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                    Is he wrong though? Rosario is a good fighter but we have to evaluate guys, warts and all. Some people give no credit, some people too much credit. And then some of us evaluate without emotion. It was a really good win for Jermell but saying his opposition level at 154 has been elite is a stretch. Couple that with the Harrison first fight and I think evaluating him as an exciting but still TBD level of boxer is accurate.

I would love to see him in with Lara still. I don't know if he would win 2 rounds.
                    So, he unifies 154, beats Harrison #7 Ring, #3 WBC, Cota #8 WBA, Lubin #8 Ring, #1 WBC, #4 WBA, beats Rosario whose opposition’s combined record of last 6 fights was 125-8 and he isn’t facing elite opposition? Screw facing Lara. I’d rather see him in with Teixeira to get that last strap (WBO). If he runs the table on getting that last strap would he then be elite?

Comment

Working...
                    X