Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Roman Rallies To Decision Payano in WBC Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Roman Rallies To Decision Payano in WBC Eliminator

UNCASVILLE, Connecticut Daniel Roman overcame a slow start Saturday night to beat Juan Carlos Payano. Roman won their 12-round, 122-pound WBC elimination match by unanimous decision in the fourth fight of Showtime Pay-Per-View's event at Mohegan Sun Arena. Judges Kevin Morgan, David Sutherland and Don Trella all scored the fight 116-112 for Los Angeles' Roman, who won by bigger margins than the action appeared to warrant.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hate how they always put these boring fights on PPVs to eat up time. This time they made it worse with an intermission prior to it.

Comment

Payano deserved at least a draw! Roman got outboxed by an old man! Rigo would light him up!

Comment

Roman vs Nery and Payano vs Figueroa?

Comment

Damn I'm a Roman fan but those cards were too wide I had it a draw Roman took over in the later rounds and should have gotten a knockdown but he looked really flat in the first half an Payano boxed well would like to see a rematch.

Comment

Not the best performance by Danny Roman but he did just enough to get the Win. That should've been ruled a knockdown in his favor at the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Payano deserved at least a draw! Roman got outboxed by an old man! Rigo would light him up!
              Rigo wouldn't do anything. That's the reason why he ran away from 122, he went hiding all the way to 118 lol

Comment

Rigo runs from no one! Casamiero would be harder for Rigo than Roman! Roman would be easy work!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Rigo runs from no one! Casamiero would be harder for Rigo than Roman! Roman would be easy work!
                  I think I agree with this. Casimero prolly even beats Roman at 122.

Roman ain't all that.

The 3 sturdiest at 118 is no doubt Inoue, Casimero, and Rigo. And all of them can beat any 122 champ.

Comment

Looked like a 7-5 for either guy or a draw. 116-112 for Roman is just the judges not giving credit to Payano boxing off the back foot. Not surprised the aggressor got the nod.

Comment

Working...
                    X