Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ben Davison on Expanding Profile After Split With Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ben Davison on Expanding Profile After Split With Tyson Fury

It turned out that splitting with Tyson Fury was far from the end for Ben Davison. At 27, Davison is one of the most in-demand trainers in boxing right now. He spent the first half of this year working with Billy Joe Saunders, the WBO super-middleweight champion, and on Saturday he will be in the corner of Josh Taylor for the first time, as the Scot defends his WBA and IBF super-lightweight titles against Apinum Khongsong.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why is this article worthy?

Who paid for this article to be here?

Comment

I don't rate Davidson as a trainer at all.

Saunders looked awful under him, and as for Fury I'd say Ben was more useful as a gym partner to get Fury off the couch than anything else.

Don't get me wrong I think in that regard he helped Fury a lot but when Fury had him in the corner he was in the position of being more tactically astute than his corner man, which you don't want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Saunders looked awful under him, and as for Fury I'd say Ben was more useful as a gym partner to get Fury off the couch than anything else.

Don't get me wrong I think in that regard he helped Fury a lot but when Fury had him in the corner he was in the position of being more tactically astute than his corner man, which you don't want to be.
        I rate him, he seems to have a lot of passion for the game 'Is very sure of his ability and knowledge'.

Somebody like Shane Mcguigan, does not speak with the same conviction 'His pad work is also terrible' ruined David Haye's technique.

But I think Davidson abit like Adam Booth, needs to work with certain fighters I.E Adam Booth is best suited to athletic fighters who he can mold 'Who can merge with his psyche'.

When fighters used to face David Haye, they where facing the body and athletic attributes of David Haye 'But the mind of Adam Booth'.

Comment

Ben "The Boxing Philosopher" Davison is not even a trainer though Kinahan's been lately turning him into a resident "trainer" for his boys.
          Mainly he's there just keep company with the boys during their visits to The Boss in Dubai.

Comment

Well, Josh Taylor gonna lose soon. Don't rate the yes man,best friend, drinking buddy, hanger-on davyboy at all. some of us could see what Big John could. Too young, too egotistic/narcissistic. Too concerned with how his hair looks in front of camera rather than having 100% of his attention on his fighter.

A right fame wh0re that one. Real men can smell them from a trillion miles away

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Yeah I think Davison has some good boxing knowledge when you see him analyse fights and boxers, he clearly knows what he’s talking about.

But running a full training camp for world-class fighters is much different than having good technical knowledge of boxing.

That was Fury’s dads gripe with Davison. He felt the training camps weren’t being run professionally.

Comment

We reserve judgment on Ben's influence until after the fight.

Comment

Davison got sacked for talking to the media too much. He hasn't done anything in the game. But was acting like a big shot.

Fury only hired him after Davison asked for couple of women's phone numbers for him...

Comment

Working...
                  X