Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What Next For The World Boxing Super Series?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: What Next For The World Boxing Super Series?

By Cliff Rold - It's hard not to wonder if this is it. Plenty of fans in the US might not even realize it's happening. On June 15, 2019, IBF cruiserweight titlist Yuniel Dorticos (24-1, 22 KO) and former WBC titlist Mairis Briedis (26-1, 19 KO) proved their second chances a charm, clearing the semifinals of the World Boxing Super Series and setting the stage for an...
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBSS seasons 1 and 2 were both incredible, despite a couple of unfortunate injuries. So we didn't get Inoue-Tete, which most of us hoped to see. It's remarkable that all five completed tournaments have crowned new Ring champions, with yet another to be crowned on Saturday.
    I wasn't a huge fan of the second cruiserweight tournament but we are getting what should be a great final. Hoping to see the KO Doctor win this weekend!

Comment

I am looking at this as a real fight, in that the hype is in the ring just knowing they are going to fight. Not as much buzz going on or promo's needed I have been waiting on this one for a while duh ? I like some tournaments some I dont. We need them as part of boxing its a reflection of the fight game single fight card in that you never know if a fight is going to break out or what direction it will take. There is realy not much more to say I will be watching, and due to my provider not allowing me to PURCHASE the Charlo set up I mean come on guys, I have spoken to Showtime by phone, I have spoken to provider by phone. Each poionts at the other but nope no fight for you we are not coming into your part of town. If I was I writer I would burn those in charge of set up for doing this one. Better shut up I am still waiting for the stiches to heal on the right side of my face as it is now. Good weekend to watch some fight tho. OH by burn I mean a verbal beat down is all. People are so sensitive these days. Got to be careful how you word things. Thanks for the article the pc the words.
      Blues.

Comment

The WBSS is much better than what is going on in 154...because as a fan you know the next progression. You know who the winner is fighting next. Apart from the WBSS, you have no idea who is next for any fighter. Anticipation of the next fight is almost as important as the current fight. Do we want the 154 lb winner to go back to the next 2nd or 3rd tier PBC fighter? The WBSS makes every fight matter and immediately answers the question of who is next. That is the way to build the sport.

Comment

They were talking about doing a heavyweight one next. Obviously that’s not going to include Fury or Joshua or probably Wilder

But if I could get a tournament out of guys like Povetkin, Parker, Whyte, Ruiz, Ortiz, Joyce etc. It would be great. They seem to pay good money, so it could happen. It won’t determine the best in the division but it would still be an excellent tournament.

Comment

After reading the past few posts yea any tournment is better then a grab bag of highest bidder fattest envelop most popular next fight. At least there are some rules to be followed. As opposed to trading belts like they are doing now. I just got to believe they love it those promoting all these fights and hooking up with the ABC's just keep putting out stories about fights that are going to happen, injuries, personal stories ahead of skills. And the fan is supposed to keep track of all the swirl. Boxing did get exposed during the depth of the Pandemic but it is easy to forget what was done back then much less now.

Comment

A tournament like this could really sort out every division. Real sport unlike the alphabelts.

Comment

Cruiserweight season 3...

I think doing a WBSS at 115 is a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  They were talking about doing a heavyweight one next. Obviously that’s not going to include Fury or Joshua or probably Wilder

But if I could get a tournament out of guys like Povetkin, Parker, Whyte, Ruiz, Ortiz, Joyce etc. It would be great. They seem to pay good money, so it could happen. It won’t determine the best in the division but it would still be an excellent tournament.
                  I can’t see it tbh man, the likes of Whyte for example would want too much money.

Comment

I'm ultimately a fan, but all the bs with gaps in their fights was frustrating in season 2. Hopefully they get their sh^t together better for season 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X