Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Charlo, Derevyancehnko - Face-Off at Final Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Charlo, Derevyancehnko - Face-Off at Final Press Conference

Charlo, Derevyanchenko Press Conference Photos Gallery - WBC Middleweight Champion Jermall Charlo and WBC Super Welterweight Champion Jermell Charlo previewed the CHARLO DOUBLEHEADER at final press conferences Wednesday, as they went face to face with the opponents presenting the toughest tests of their careers. (photos by Amanda Westcott)

[Click Here To Read More]

Pic one: Does Charlo size-pimp the division at all?

Comment

No way big ass charlo should allow lil sd to make this competitive... if charlo is special, he needs to dominate this man

Comment

How in earth was Charlo able to make 154, he seems to even look big for MW.

Derev seems more relaxed, let's see how this plays out, want to see that weigh-in to make my final prediction.

Comment

Boricua181

Derevyanchenko lost a close fight to Daniel Jacobs 2 years ago. That's significant because Jermall Charlo is a younger, stronger version of Daniel Jacobs. While at the same time Derevyanchenko is 2 years older since that fight, 5 years older than Charlo, and most importantly had a grueling 12 round fight with Golovkin. His face took a battering, and left him with more scar tissue than he started out with. He also had over 400 amateur fights, all of these factors have a way of catching up to a fighter. I can actually foresee Charlo stopping Derevyanchenko in the later rounds after a real good scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
            How in earth was Charlo able to make 154, he seems to even look big for MW.

Derev seems more relaxed, let's see how this plays out, want to see that weigh-in to make my final prediction.

Canelo was 154 fighter like 5 years ago, now he can fight even at 175..

Comment

I think Charlo will able to do something that GGG and Jacobs didn't, is finish Derev when he will be hurt. Jermall is a hard hitter with a good killer instinct.

Derev deserve a W when he fought Golovkin last time, he's durable but is a slow starter and really short at 160. At the dawn of his 35 years, his best day are behing him...

Hit Man by TKO 7

Comment

Don't let the size fool you! Smaller guys can be extremely difficult to fight and I think Derevyenchenko will be VERY DIFFICULT for Jermall IMO, if he is not then I would be shocked. Like the Korabov fight it will be a lot of Close Rounds so Derevyanchenko must avoid getting dropped this fight like he did vs Jacobs and GGG. If he can do that and avoid that early Knockdown then I expect this to be one hell of a fight and a close one just like GGG vs Derevyanchenko

Comment

Charlo has fought no one like this

If the (D) doesn’t hold back and let his hands go this will be a fight! Charlo is more complete as a fighter but we have yet to see how he responds when taken into deep waters. This is the Charlo I like but he’s in deep; both brothers are a bit bipolar though and I think it run in the family; craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Canelo was 154 fighter like 5 years ago, now he can fight even at 175..
                    Sure, I don't know how this guys put so much strain on their bodies to lose that much weight.

I think Canelo is best suited for 168 but I can see Charlo moving up to 175 and still being effective, I think his height and frame could lead him to fight at 175.

Same with Benavidez and Smith, huge guys for their divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X