No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Meng Fanlong Breaks From Roc Nation, Now a Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Meng Fanlong Breaks From Roc Nation, Now a Free Agent

Former Olympian and #1 ranked IBF light heavyweight contender Meng Fanlong (16-0, 10 KOs) is now a promotional free agent after reaching a separation agreement with Roc Nation.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Top Rank is where he needs to go.

Thats where beterbiev is and he holds 2 of the 4 titles. And joe smith is fighting for the wbo. So 3 out of 4 light heavyweight titles are at top rank.

No other promotion makes sense for fanlong

Comment

This is a blow to roc nation, they lost their cash cow how will they recover???!!??!!

Comment

Yo Im not trying to be funny buy I actually thought Jay-Z dissolved Roc Nation Sports?

There hasn't been a RNS fight in years right? I remember they were doing them pretty heavy with concerts between fights right? They were going for it and then BOOM nothing like literally no more fights for several years right?

Comment

Roc Nation is still involved in boxing?!?

Comment

https://www.rocnation.com/sports/

they dont even show any boxers on there but they got a category for "esports"

i guess they manage basketball players or something? like represent them in contract negotiations and take a cut or some chit?

Comment

roc nation was still a thing in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                Yo Im not trying to be funny buy I actually thought Jay-Z dissolved Roc Nation Sports?

There hasn't been a RNS fight in years right? I remember they were doing them pretty heavy with concerts between fights right? They were going for it and then BOOM nothing like literally no more fights for several years right?
                They thought promoting boxing was like the rap business and failed miserably at it. Everybody they had signed eventually broke off their agreement bc they most likely had no idea what they were doing and didn't make any profit to afford to pay the guys they signed the money they had offered them. They need to stick to running their business in the rap industry & the 4 major American sports. Boxing is a whole different game.

Comment

Sucks for guys like Dusty Harrison, Darmani Rock, Fanlong Meng and others wasting Prime Years trusting and believing in this Roc Nation Boxing Garbage. Even Andrade walked away from the Jermell Charlo fight thinking he was getting a deal with Roc Nation which would've been a failure anyway

Note to Boxers, don't be so quick to sign with any and everybody!
                  Last edited by sicko; 09-23-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

I agree. I thought they dissolved back some time ago. Well at least Top Rank can pick him up without overpaying the hell out of him. I do t really see PBC picking him up unless its for pennies on the dollar, or Renminbi if you wanna use Chinese currency. I could see Bob milking a few Macau fights out of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X