Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Boots In The Door Of Welterweight Title Contention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Boots In The Door Of Welterweight Title Contention

By Corey Erdman - Everyone who sees Jaron "Boots" Ennis in the ring knows there's something special about him. One could debate how high his ceiling is, but there should be universal agreement that he isn't just another run-of-the-mill fighter and that he has long deserved to be out of the hallway with the prospects and in the ballroom with the contenders...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Star wasn't born last night. It was underwhelming to say the least. I was thinking 'more flash, no substance' while watching live. That forced showboating was ugly to watch too. I don't see anything special yet. All hype for now.
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 09-21-2020, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Jason needs to step up.

He should fight Egidijus or David Avanesyan.

Comment

I agree with previous poster to some degree - Ennis's record is so padded it ought to be named 'padded with withs and extra absorbtion.'

No doubt this guy has some power, pretty good shot selection, and Ring IQ, but some of his fundamentals are lacking, namely balance.

So many fighters are adopting this new abridged version of the Philly Shell, except the lead hand is on the chest, rear hand tucked in between the chin and shoulder.

Unless you have the speed and skills of Toney, RJJ, Mayweather, Loma, Canelo etc, with a seriously padded record it's likely he'll get found out against the top dogs of the division.

Comment

He should chase Ugas next.

Comment

He can only fight who accepts

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Star wasn't born last night. It was underwhelming to say the least. I was thinking 'more flash, no substance' while watching live. That forced showboating was ugly to watch too. I don't see anything special yet. All hype for now.
              I hope you are not a film critic

Comment

Bro how can you say that was underwelming?
                What did you expect him to do, knock him out in the first round?

Comment

You sound jealous. He doesn't even have the names that your guy has - but he has more upside in a more glamorous division. Ennis > Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                    I agree with previous poster to some degree - Ennis's record is so padded it ought to be named 'padded with withs and extra absorbtion.'

No doubt this guy has some power, pretty good shot selection, and Ring IQ, but some of his fundamentals are lacking, namely balance.

So many fighters are adopting this new abridged version of the Philly Shell, except the lead hand is on the chest, rear hand tucked in between the chin and shoulder.

Unless you have the speed and skills of Toney, RJJ, Mayweather, Loma, Canelo etc, with a seriously padded record it's likely he'll get found out against the top dogs of the division.
                    I don't think balance is lacking, more he was up against a guy who although noticeably slower was also quite athletic - if that makes sense. Ennis maybe has to be flashier in the ring too so that he makes up for lack of promotional push.

Comment

Working...
                    X