Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Abreu Comes In 3-Plus Pounds Overweight For Jaron Ennis Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Abreu Comes In 3-Plus Pounds Overweight For Jaron Ennis Fight

Juan Carlos Abreu made it clear Thursday that nothing about boxing Jaron Ennis concerned him. Apparently, he wasn't worried about making weight, either. The Dominican veteran came in a whopping 3 pounds overweight Friday morning for their 10-round welterweight fight Saturday night at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure Ennis won't care. He'll go handle business.

Comment

Ennis still gonna whoop him.

Comment

Planning on walking Ennis down?

Comment

When is Boots gonna stop fighting pool boys and landscapers?

Comment

Boots should beat him no problem, the bigger question is what stuffed animal will he be wearing as boxing shorts on Saturday night....

Comment

Boricua181

Juan Abreu has fought some hard punchers, and hasn't been knocked out yet. He's coming in over the weight limit, I don't know if he's ever missed making the contracted weight for a fight in the past. Fighters who don't make weight are usually trying to gain an unfair advantage in strength, and endurance. While their opponent has usually dried out their body to make the stipulated weight. This is just going to add fuel to Jaron Ennis' engine, and inspire him to become the first to knock Abreu out. I think that even if Abreu would've come in 10 pounds over weight it wouldn't have helped him. Ennis is on a wicked roll, his opponent's few pounds, and sturdy chin wouldn't prevent Ennis from winning this fight. Not at this point, and not by this particular opponent.
              Last edited by Boricua181; 09-18-2020, 05:07 PM. Reason: I had to rephrase a few sentences.

Comment

He's heavy? Good. Just means he's a bigger target. The extra pounds will help him take a few extra punches

Comment

Dig to the body very early I means really dig Boots will walk him down and stop him late

Comment

Abreu is typically pretty durable. Went the distance with Kavaliauskas and Besputin. Would be a nice statement if Boots stops an Abreu who missed weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X