Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane McGuigan Alleged To Have Said Carl Frampton 'Was Finished'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane McGuigan Alleged To Have Said Carl Frampton 'Was Finished'

New claims are coming out in the legal battle between former two division world champion Carl Frampton and his former promoter and manager, Barry McGuigan. Their eight year relationship fell apart in late 2017. Frampton filed a lawsuit, claiming millions in unpaid earnings. McGuigan has filed a lawsuit of his own for breach of contract. Both men deny any wrongdoing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is an ironic situation when you consider Barry's trouble with Barney Eastwood. I guess when you become a manager or promoter the world is a different place.

Comment

I heard Barry McGuigan used personal communications to incriminate Carl Frampton in court. They had an unwritten agreement with Carl for someone their end to forge his signature on papers of little importance, sponsorship agreements, that kind of thing. Both as bad as eachother really, but the McGuigan's trying to pin it solely on Frampton in court. Heinous that is. McGuigan is a parasite, sad but true. I was a fan of his but not no more.

Comment

Look at the fallout with Josh Taylor as well. Somethings not right there which is a real shame.

Comment

Someone who really thinks that his fighter is "finished" probably wouldn't go through all the court mess just to keep that guy. It kinda contradicts each order.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
            This is an ironic situation when you consider Barry's trouble with Barney Eastwood. I guess when you become a manager or promoter the world is a different place.
            I am shocked at this Barry is gonna lose this Case seems like he built his in the Model of Barney Eastwood

Comment

Finished is harsh. I would say not the same fighter as he used to be when he was more aggressive and exciting. Framps has turned into a bore. Shame.

Comment

Quigg is finished. Frampton is still a skilled fighter even if he's not the same fighter he once was as evidenced by his loss to Warrington.

Comment

Johnston also claimed that Frampton's former trainer, Shane McGuigan, spoke to him in private and allegedly said the boxer "was finished."

"It was quite toxic. The camp wasn't happy. There was an air of grievance or unhappiness with Carl. He wasn't a happy fighter," Johnston said, according to BBC North Ireland.

"Shane started talking negatively. He said that he was finished. I was very concerned. This came from Carl's trainer and someone who was going to be in his corner the following night."
                  Pretty ****ty thing to say the eve of a fight

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    I am shocked at this Barry is gonna lose this Case seems like he built his in the Model of Barney Eastwood
                    Strange isn't it? Wonder why the press don't talk about this angle.

Comment

Working...
                    X