Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murtazaliev On Standby To Fill In For Charlo Or Rosario On September 26

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murtazaliev On Standby To Fill In For Charlo Or Rosario On September 26

Bakhram Murtazaliev is training for a fight against a journeyman, yet he also is preparing for what could become the biggest fight of his career. BoxingScene.com has learned that the unbeaten Russian contender is on standby to replace either Jermell Charlo or Jeison Rosario if either fighter tests positive for COVID-19 or otherwise withdraws from their 154-pound title unification showdown scheduled for next week. Placing potential substitutes for main events on undercards has become common among promoters since boxing resumed during the coronavirus pandemic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hell why not? I think it might be too big a step up, but Bakhram hasn't really come close to being tested yet and is #1 per the IBF. Not sure I fancy his chances against Jermell but I could definitely see the upset vs Rosario.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-16-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Is the IBO belt not on the line? If so, why not?

Comment

Nice to know the event doesn't go to shit if someone tests positive. On paper this guy doesn't seem ready but was mandatory anyway and is better than most replacements. 154 has been unpredictable recently so maybe he has a shot

Comment

Some of the Former Soviet Block Countries fighters, can be tough as hell, Russians, Ukrainians, Uzbeks, They get ZERO Media, so no one knows them, but many have 200-300 or more Amateur Fights, have seen every style possible and are tough outs for anyone, Jermall struggled with Korobov who nobody thought could fight, because Andy Lee knocked him out, Oscar De La Hoya,Leonard Ellerbee and Bob Arum and his matchmakers think Denys Berinchyk can't fight (If they even know who Berinchyk is), because he has the silly Ring Entrances and that is why Berinchyk's name never comes up when talking about fights against Teofimo Lopez, Tank Davis, Ryan Garcia and Haney even though Berinchyk has called all them out. I Have not seen Murtazaliev fight, but he is Russian so a good chance he can fight, The Hard thing for many Unknown fighters is to get Fights, When the Promoters and Match makers do not know who the fighter is, they don't want to throw them in there as they do not know if they can be competitive, What is surprising is so many Promoters and Match Makers and Media, don't even know fighters who have World and Olympic Medals including Some with Gold, You would think being in the Boxing Game they would know everyone with major Amateur Credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
            Is the IBO belt not on the line? If so, why not?
            I dont think it is maybe Jermell didn't want it so he didn't pay the sanctioning fees but when I saw an interview they didn't mention it as being up for grabs. I honestly don't mind the IBO some solid fighters have held that belt it's not one of the major 4 but usually the person who wins that belt ends up fighting among the elite. I also understand a fighter not wanting to pay the fees for a belt that gets no recognition makes sense.

Comment

For mine, this is Jermall's first 'real fight' at 160. His brother has at least shown some testicualr fortitude and challenged himself, whilst Charlo and Andrade at 160 have been either sitting on the couch, or fighting club fighters on one weeks notice.

A few years ago the MW division was stacked like Christina Hendricks bra.

But, because of the mostly bull**** politiking from PBC, and Canelo's diva behaviour, it simply doesn't have the depth it once did, with some names moving up to 168.

If there's one fight that must go down, it's Canelo v GGG III - and although it won't happen, I'd like to see it fought on neutral ground, like Japan, Canada, anywhere but Canelo's assured decision dungeon - Las Vegas.

Comment

Bakhram Murtazaliev gets a shot at the winner if everything goes right. Seems like an okay fighter. Hope he's ready to compete at that level but his resume would suggest otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  I dont think it is maybe Jermell didn't want it so he didn't pay the sanctioning fees but when I saw an interview they didn't mention it as being up for grabs. I honestly don't mind the IBO some solid fighters have held that belt it's not one of the major 4 but usually the person who wins that belt ends up fighting among the elite. I also understand a fighter not wanting to pay the fees for a belt that gets no recognition makes sense.
                  That all makes sense. I was just confused why it was not mentioned as one of the belts up for grabs. This perfectly displays one of the curses of being a champ. You have to pay all those ridiculous fee's and the more belts you own the more fee's you pay. I am surprised though that he is able to hold the belt and not put it up in the fight. I would think the organization would force the champ to put it on the line this way they get to collect their fee.

Comment

Working...
                  X