Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Buatsi: Calic is Solid Opponent, I Plan To Be Impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Buatsi: Calic is Solid Opponent, I Plan To Be Impressive

Rising Light-Heavyweight star Joshua Buatsi will make his long-awaited return to the ring on Sunday October 4 as he defends his WBA International Title against undefeated Croat Marko Calic, live on Sky Sports and DAZN.

[Click Here To Read More]

Career has stalled badly, unless he has been injured and they didn't want that leaking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Career has stalled badly, unless he has been injured and they didn't want that leaking out.
      I think it’s just some bad luck because he pulled out of his last fight with flu, and then by the time he was ready to reschedule, things were getting cancelled because of COVID. He was booked on one of the cancelled shows earlier this year.

Hopefully he fights a real top-10 kind of fighter in a fight or two.

Comment

One of these fighters who gets overly hyped, just because he's with Matchroom and Sky Sports. If you listen to them, he is apparently nailed on for a World title and will probably unify and could become undisputed. But what has he done to deserve that kinda nonsense speak? They will continue to match him carefully whilst waiting for an easy World title opening, telling us how great he is all the while. Only morons are fooled.

Comment

WTF: WBA International! Surely Buatsi would have been better off keeping his British title & defending against live wires such as Anthony Yarde, Callum Johnson, Hosea Burton, Lyndon Arthur, Shakan Pitters & Spider Richards or push for a fight for the European championship than ease his way back like this.

Comment

After Calic, l wish Buatsi tests his skills against experienced opponents such as Sullivan Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
              One of these fighters who gets overly hyped, just because he's with Matchroom and Sky Sports. If you listen to them, he is apparently nailed on for a World title and will probably unify and could become undisputed. But what has he done to deserve that kinda nonsense speak? They will continue to match him carefully whilst waiting for an easy World title opening, telling us how great he is all the while. Only morons are fooled.
              Same as Josh Kelly was meant to be some future superstar and just scraped a draw in is only decent fight against a fringe contender at best. I was saying for a while before that fight that Josh Kelly is going to struggle when he gets into a fight where he has to go back to fundamentals because his flashy stuff doesn’t work.

I think the Buatsi is okay but looks very textbook and basic. I think he does have good fundamentals that should see him through to a decent level but I’ve never thought I was seeing some kind of special fighter like sky are making out. He’s in a very tough division and I think you need to be a lot more than just solid with good fundamentals to beat those guys at the top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Same as Josh Kelly was meant to be some future superstar and just scraped a draw in is only decent fight against a fringe contender at best. I was saying for a while before that fight that Josh Kelly is going to struggle when he gets into a fight where he has to go back to fundamentals because his flashy stuff doesn’t work.

I think the Buatsi is okay but looks very textbook and basic. I think he does have good fundamentals that should see him through to a decent level but I’ve never thought I was seeing some kind of special fighter like sky are making out. He’s in a very tough division and I think you need to be a lot more than just solid with good fundamentals to beat those guys at the top of it.
                Still yet to see what happens when he gets hit on the chin by a banger. His big PPV rival Yarde got KOd by a jab when he stepped up!

Comment

It's possible the Croatian is a totally fine fighter. Never heard of the dude before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    It's possible the Croatian is a totally fine fighter. Never heard of the dude before.
                    possibile but highly unlikely, when boxing geeks like us have never heard of someone its usually because they are a bum.

If he was any good or had any chance of winning then he wouldnt be allowed to fight buatsi...
                    Last edited by mlac; 09-16-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X