Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Efe Ajagba Aims To Impress in Top Rank Debut in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Efe Ajagba Aims To Impress in Top Rank Debut in Las Vegas

Heavyweight knockout artist Efe Ajagba will make his Top Rank on ESPN debut Saturday, Sept. 19 against veteran Jonnie Rice in a 10-rounder as the co-feature to the Jose Pedraza-Javier Molina junior welterweight main event from the MGM Grand Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jonnie Rice? Who da fook is that guy?

Although after that last fight I think it might be a good idea to take a step back & work on things before a move to that level or higher is made again. Efe is still a young ass mfer who gots plenty of time to improve his craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Although after that last fight I think it might be a good idea to take a step back & work on things before a move to that level or higher is made again. Efe is still a young ass mfer who gots plenty of time to improve his craft.
      He's not young at all, he's 40 if he's a day.

Comment

A raw heavyweight like Ajagba needs a more experienced and proven trainer than Kay Koroma in my opinion.

Comment

Can you really improve your craft beating lesser competition? I only think it's possible if your fighting every 30-45 days, like the Mike Tyson "Bum-Of-The-Month" run. Or maybe if you're in the Old Kronk's Gym, and you consistently get excellent sparring.

Comment

Ajagba is too stiff and robotic in the ring. He seems very basic, but sometimes basic is better. I like his power, but I think he needs more work.

Comment

Rice is a pretty rugged guy. I wanna say all of his losses are to undefeated fighters and he goes rounds. Yoka beat him in a 6 rounder but couldn't stop him and lost a few rounds in the process.

Efe has looked vulnerable in his last few fights. He was probably brought along a little too fast, IMO, but it's hard to progress was slowly with power punchers and I think it can be hard for them to develop since the power can mask deficiencies that could potentially be exposed as competition gets stiffer.

Comment

Who cares who the opponent is just give him a body and activity.

Crazy I feel I'm the only cat out here praying for activity during a damn pandemic. Do half of you not deal with the same realities on different parts of the globe? Be thankful we have any boxing at all, cats out here trying to be picky about what fights get made and I think its ridiculous lol.

Comment

At least we will see some hw action again.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                    He's not young at all, he's 40 if he's a day.
                    Probably not far off 40 but he isn't whatever age he claimed to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X