Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Planned Ring Return Before Pandemic Began

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Planned Ring Return Before Pandemic Began

According to Stephen Jones, president of the Jamaica Boxing Board (JBB), former world champion Nicholas Axeman' Walters had planned to return to the ring before the coronavirus pandemic broke out.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Walters is getting old now and reading between the lines it could be a return at 135 where he'd be undersized. Honestly I think his day is probably done, a good talent, but more a flash in the pan who'll be mainly remembered for his KO of Donaire.

Comment

It would have been interesting to see if he could recapture his peak form, or if Lomachenko really did take his soul.

Comment

Would've been great to see him win a couple of easy fights and then challenge Berchelt, feels like the moment for that was a year or more ago though. His power didn't look as beast mode at 130, if all the time off means he's gonna be fighting at 135 it really doesn't seem like a good idea to come back

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
          It would have been interesting to see if he could recapture his peak form, or if Lomachenko really did take his soul.

Comment

I really liked Walters but his inactivity hurt him. Despite the abuse he took for the no mas with Loma, he should have got right back into the ring. 34, trying to shed weight, is not good

Comment

I was wondering what happened to him after the Loma loss.

Comment

Not a good idea
                Can’t see him having any kind of impact
                To much time has gone by

Comment

It’s too late to comeback now. He should have never quit boxing in the 1st place

Funny how these guys get discouraged when experiencing a loss. It’s not like he lost to a bum

Comment

I don't see why the axe man can' come get a few dollars if he trains the right way and comes back with the mindset to redeem himself

Comment

Working...
                    X