Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring On Injury From Oquendo Fight: I Had An Old Fracture In My Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring On Injury From Oquendo Fight: I Had An Old Fracture In My Face

When Jamel Herring said he has gone through worse than the headbutt that Jonathan Oquendo gave him during their junior lightweight bout last week that led to Oquendo's disqualification, he wasn't joking.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“Looking back on the past weekend, if I would have fought in July I would have had a way much harder time,” Herring said. “He (Oquendo) has a rough and ugly style that’s basically built for testing your will and conditioning…and if I’m being honest with myself, even though I felt like I could have gotten in the ring I don’t think I wouldn’t have had as much success if I fought (in July).”
    Good to be self-critique.

Comment

I like Herring. I do think he got frustrated with the dirty tactics and looked for a way to expedite the ending of his fight with Oquendo. I don't think he was looking to quit per se...but was just frustrated and didn't want to be there.

I do wonder if that is something that can be edloited by future opponents.
      His loss to Shafikov was a fight where he was roughed up by dirty tactics.

Comment

How the ref can say it was an intentional headbutt? It was just a coming together of heads for me. That ref favors the promoters guy, just like Bayless favors Haymon fighters.

Comment

Jamel herring vs. Kell brook. The fight can be billed as, "Face to Face", "The Face Off", "About Face", "Beat Yo Face", "The Marine vs. The ****", "Erase a Face", "GTFO My Face", or "Face F..k"

Comment

Jamel herring vs kell brook pt 2. "The Marine vs. The H..o,", "Face time", "Give Me Face", "Face Adversity", "Head Crack", "The Soft Heads", "Baby Faced Assassins"

Comment

Working...
            X