Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danielle Perkins, From Wheelchair ToHeavyweight Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danielle Perkins, From Wheelchair ToHeavyweight Champion?

Danielle Perkins was craving some papaya. It was 2008 and Perkins, then a professional basketball player in Europe, was back home in Brooklyn, going through her usual off-season workout routine, while awaiting an official transfer from her club in Spain to her new one in Turkey. The former standout at St. John's University, where she led the women's program in rebounding in the 2005-2006 NCAA tournament, had carved out a successful post-collegiate career in the international circuit, with stints in Italy, Czechoslovakia, Puerto Rico, Austria, and other far-flung locales. She was looking forward to a new day with her Turkish team.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cool & inspiring story, but at 38 her time is limited in boxing obviously. HW ain't deep at all for women so it shouldn't be hard to fast track her to her max potential. Good luck to her.

Randomly boxrec needs to get it's sh^t together. Perkins for some reason is ranked as the 7th best 175lber (of 13) when in her only pro fight she beat the 12th best HW (of 21) while weighing 195lbs, technically making her a cruiserweight if she was male, but I don't think women's boxing has a cruiserweight division so she should be ranked at HW.

Comment

Traffic in NY is crazy. It makes no sense. Every other big city (London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin)has good quality underground & hardly any cars. NY has a flat-out lousy metro system & literally millions of yellow cabs. WHY? No wonder the poor girl got hurt. I'm sure loads of others do every day.

Comment

and before you ask I don't classify LA as a big city. It may have a huge population but it has no culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Cool & inspiring story, but at 38 her time is limited in boxing obviously. HW ain't deep at all for women so it shouldn't be hard to fast track her to her max potential. Good luck to her.

Randomly boxrec needs to get it's sh^t together. Perkins for some reason is ranked as the 7th best 175lber (of 13) when in her only pro fight she beat the 12th best HW (of 21) while weighing 195lbs, technically making her a cruiserweight if she was male, but I don't think women's boxing has a cruiserweight division so she should be ranked at HW.
          It's hard not to agree with this. Even the divisions with the best female fighters have pretty shallow talent pools, going up to the higher weights they have basically no opponents. I'm glad she survived and recovered and found a new sport to compete in but not sure getting hit in the head by 200 pound women is ideal for her continued health considering the cracked skull / headaches and rolling blackouts. However that isn't on me to decide so I wish her good luck as well.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
            It's hard not to agree with this. Even the divisions with the best female fighters have pretty shallow talent pools, going up to the higher weights they have basically no opponents. I'm glad she survived and recovered and found a new sport to compete in but not sure getting hit in the head by 200 pound women is ideal for her continued health considering the cracked skull / headaches and rolling blackouts. However that isn't on me to decide so I wish her good luck as well.
            I’m surprised she got licensed. With those type of head injuries, everything could seems fine, but if you get hit in just the right spot, you could drop dead on the spot. I hope she will be okay.

Comment

Working...
            X