Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kyoguchi vs. Simsri Title Fight Set, Nov. 3 In Osaka-With Fans In Attendance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kyoguchi vs. Simsri Title Fight Set, Nov. 3 In Osaka-With Fans In Attendance

A live audience will be on hand to bear witness to the Hiroto Kyoguchi revolution. The 2020 debut for the unbeaten World Boxing Association (WBA) junior flyweight titlist is set, as Kyoguchi will face Thailand's Thankongsak Simsri on November 3 at Intex Osaka in Osaka, Japan. The bout was formally announced on Tuesday, with the inclusion that a crowd of up to 4,000 will be permitted to attend.

"I am happy that we can have a fight," Kyoguchi stated at the official announcement presser. "I want a fight that shows the little difference in skills between us."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Credit to 'Srisaket II' Thankongsak Simsri. Unlike many Thai boxers, Simsri is traveling to compete abroad to Japan four times already, in a very short period since turning professional ( 2 years ).

Thankongsak Simsri's fellow countryman 33-1-0 Panya Pradabsri, the #1. light-flyweight from Thailand has only left his home country for competition 3 times. So the folks in Thailand have a good reason to call this kid Simsri 'Srisaket II' : since Sor Rungvisai also went to Japan early in his career and challenged the future Flyweight lineal champion Akira Yaegashi.

Thankongsak Simsri, will need a monster left or right hand like Sor Rungvisai pulled out against Roman Gonzalez, to beat two weight P4P rated Hiroto Kyoguchi, in his home country.
    Last edited by 1hourRun; 09-09-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Credit to 'Srisaket II' Thankongsak Simsri. Unlike many Thai boxers, Simsri is traveling to compete abroad to Japan four times already, in a very short period since turning professional ( 2 years ).

Thankongsak Simsri's fellow countryman 33-1-0 Panya Pradabsri, the #1. light-flyweight from Thailand has only left his home country for competition 3 times. So the folks in Thailand have a good reason to call this kid Simsri 'Srisaket II' : since Sor Rungvisai also went to Japan early in his career and challenged the future Flyweight lineal champion Akira Yaegashi.

Thankongsak Simsri, will need a monster left or right hand like Sor Rungvisai pulled out against Roman Gonzalez, to beat two weight P4P rated Hiroto Kyoguchi, in his home country.
      Can’t say I’ve ever came across Simsri before.

It looks like he can punch but the resume seems thin.

You give him any shot of beating Kyoguchi?

Would love to see an all Japanese Shiro-Kyoguchi unification like Ioka-Yaegashi back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Can’t say I’ve ever came across Simsri before.

It looks like he can punch but the resume seems thin.

You give him any shot of beating Kyoguchi?

Would love to see an all Japanese Shiro-Kyoguchi unification like Ioka-Yaegashi back in the day.
        Thankongsak Simsri is grossly inexperience, has never even fought a ten rounder, his handlers were suppose to prepare him for at least two more years to be seasoned for a P4P elite talent as Hiroto Kyoguchi -- but hey, Simsri has virtually the same amount of fights as the lightweight champs, so its hard to argue that he needs more experience, I guess. Perhaps, Simsri's win over Christian Bacolod, who is a far better skilled technical boxer, raised their confidence.

I liked that you mentioned Kenshiro, he is one of my favorites to watch, and long overdue a unification with Hiroto. Which reminds me, Hiroto Kyoguchi vs. Thankongsak Simsri marks the first world-title in Japan since the global COVID-19 -- that itself is a reason to watch this free on Kyoguchi's youtube channel. Boxing is picking up

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Thankongsak Simsri is grossly inexperience, has never even fought a ten rounder, his handlers were suppose to prepare him for at least two more years to be seasoned for a P4P elite talent as Hiroto Kyoguchi -- but hey, Simsri has virtually the same amount of fights as the lightweight champs, so its hard to argue that he needs more experience, I guess. Perhaps, Simsri's win over Christian Bacolod, who is a far better skilled technical boxer, raised their confidence.

I liked that you mentioned Kenshiro, he is one of my favorites to watch, and long overdue a unification with Hiroto. Which reminds me, Hiroto Kyoguchi vs. Thankongsak Simsri marks the first world-title in Japan since the global COVID-19 -- that itself is a reason to watch this free on Kyoguchi's youtube channel. Boxing is picking up
          Win or lose it will be a valuable experience for him. It reminds me a bit of when Canizalez got his shot vs Kyoguchi. 108 tends to be the type of division where you pick up a few wins then get thrown straight into the deep end.

I’ll be tuning in. Great to see fans back at events as well.

Comment

Working...
          X