Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Deines, Vlasov-Salamov Light Heavy Double Set For October 23 In Moscow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Deines, Vlasov-Salamov Light Heavy Double Set For October 23 In Moscow

The king of the light heavyweight division returns to his roots in order to defend his throne. Artur Beterbiev will make his first career appearance in his native Russia, doing so in a lineal light heavyweight championship defense versus Adam Deines (19-1-1, 10KO). Their bout will take place September 25, on a special Friday afternoon edition of Top Rank Boxing live on ESPN from Moscow, Top Rank formally announced on Tuesday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Deines being brought in for the slaughter. The one time he stepped up he lost Fanlong Meng. Beterbiev is a helluva fighter but I wish we got see him more often (and against stiffer competition). His fight against Gvozdyk was an awesome destruction of a top-flight champion and I was fortunate to have seen it live in person.

The chief supporting fight should be more competitive. Vlasov always fights tough, will be interesting to see if he can top Salamov for a shot against Smith.

Comment

Betterbeef by 1st round murder.

Comment

Is this gonna have fans in attendance?

Comment

At least Beterbiev is active again. He should get the oppertunity to perform in front of his home fans and do it as an undefeated champion. So I'll accept the sacrificial slaughter with this one.
          I only hope this division doesn't watch all It's talent get older and diminish before they start competing against each other. Being TR has their hands on most at 175, I'm afraid we will lose those matchups at their best. I also fear we will watch this insane group of bad ass fighters at 175 go through the motions like a slow burn series on a treadmill not getting anywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X