Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring Retains With Disqualification Over Jonathan Oquendo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring Retains With Disqualification Over Jonathan Oquendo

WBO junior lightweight world champion Jamel “Semper Fi” Herring hopes the wait is finally over. Herring, a decorated U.S. Marine veteran from Coram, N.Y., will make his second world title defense Saturday, Sept. 5 against Puerto Rican challenger Jonathan Oquendo at the MGM Grand Conference Center. Herring and Oquendo were scheduled to fight July 2, then July 14, but Herring twice tested positive for COVID-19. (photos by Mikey Williams).

In the 10-round super middleweight co-feature, it’s a battle of the Midwest as Omaha’s unbeaten Steven “So Cold” Nelson takes on Toledo’s DeAndre Ware.

Jared "The Real Big Baby" Anderson, the 6-foot-4, 240-pound heavyweight destroyer from Toledo, Ohio, returns for his third “Bubble” appearance.

Anderson will take on nine-year pro and noted spoiler Rodney Hernandez in a bout scheduled for eight or six rounds on the undercard.

Anderson-Hernandez and additional undercard bouts will stream live and exclusively on ESPN+ starting at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 PT.

SemperFi & War Herring!! Holding my breath on this one happening until they’re in the ring though lol

Decent card from TR.

Comment

" Decent card " ?
      Maybe if it was on regular ESPN.
      Herring on ESPN + ???
      Ain't nobody got time for that !

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        " Decent card " ?
        Maybe if it was on regular ESPN.
        Herring on ESPN + ???
        Ain't nobody got time for that !
        Lmaoo. Better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
          Lmaoo. Better than nothing.
          Nah. Call me cheap. I'll stream it.
          I only pay for fights that actually interest me.

Comment

Oquendo is always dangerous.

Herring better be careful

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
              Nah. Call me cheap. I'll stream it.
              I only pay for fights that actually interest me.
              I feel that. I did the ESPN+ yearly sub awhile back, or I’d be streaming myself.

Comment

Going to miss most of this card tonight, will be checking the thread to see how it's going

Comment

They started out saying ESPN Plus as a premium fight card to go to on the cheap. Everyone is cleaning up on any fights that used to be straight up ESPN or same with FOX now they got PPVs that used to be straight FOX NIGHT or FS1 and DAZN. It is always the fight fan who gets jammed. The most knowledgable loyal fans get the stick. If I hear another promo guy talk about losing money get real and the excued for top level fgighters not being able to fight why? BC the interest in the bank will carry them forever. So it goes and so it goes. Its true in boxing and its true around the country take less or shut up and loose out on your money to eat. I know the streach of mid level fighters and the labor force just had to put it out there.
                  Thanks for the space...............
                  BLUES

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                    They started out saying ESPN Plus as a premium fight card to go to on the cheap. Everyone is cleaning up on any fights that used to be straight up ESPN or same with FOX now they got PPVs that used to be straight FOX NIGHT or FS1 and DAZN. It is always the fight fan who gets jammed. The most knowledgable loyal fans get the stick. If I hear another promo guy talk about losing money get real and the excued for top level fgighters not being able to fight why? BC the interest in the bank will carry them forever. So it goes and so it goes. Its true in boxing and its true around the country take less or shut up and loose out on your money to eat. I know the streach of mid level fighters and the labor force just had to put it out there.
                    Thanks for the space...............
                    BLUES

Couldn’t have said it better myself
                    Kudos to Blues

Comment

Working...
                    X